[Chapter 42]

(Literally I'm SO SO SO SO SO sorry! My schedules weird and I have after school detection for this week... and I'm grounded from my phone....yay me)

It was the next day and I'm currently getting ready to meet with David. I know I probably shouldn't, mostly cause he's tried to kill me. But he is still my brother and he grew up without a family, so I feel for him.
I remember growing up and Always! Wanting a sibling. I would play with my toys and alway think about what it would be like if I had a brother or sister. Just someone to play with! And to torment while still loving them!
Sadly that day never came. But now, I finally have one, and I really don't want to give him up.
"Layla I'm worried" Colby says, leaning on the door desks of my room.
I tilt my head "aww Colbs" I say, standing up from my bed and walking over to him, pulling him into a hug.
"I promise you I'm gonna be fine" I reassure him "I know how to handle myself"
He nods "I know but.. it's just.. I've lost you before, when Cole and David took you? And I really don't want to lose you again" he says in a soft, almost raspy tone.
Still hugging him, I look into his eyes "I promise.. no matter what, I will alway come back to you" I say.
He smiles and gives me a long passionate kiss. Sadly it was interrupted by my phone dining

David: you otw?

I reply with yes, shutting off my phone. "Well, I got to go"
I walk out of the room, Colby close behind. I grab my keys and sunglasses, open the door "ILL BE BACK GUYS!" I call to the house. I heard a series of 'okays' before I looked at Colby one last time.
"I'll be back" I reassure him.
He nods and I shut the door

*Colby's pov*

Pls be safe

*Layla's pov*

Not long after my drive, I arrived at the place David had told me to meet at. The Zoo?
I hopped out of the car and purchased a ticket making my way inside.

Me: hey where are you?

David: look behind you

I turned around to see statutes of monkeys all sitting on a rock. And in between those monkeys, was David making a goofy face.
I couldn't help but laugh "nice"
He laughed and hopped down "Hiya sis".
"Hi David. So.. the Zoo?" I ask. He laughs and nod "Umm yeah! The zoo is very underrated therefore I thought it would be the best place to meet!" He said smiling wide.
I nod "okay, lead the way"
He pulled a map out of his pocket "okay, the closest animal to us isssss.. the giraffes!" He cheers, running into the crowd. I followed him and we ended up at the giraffe's.
We looked at them for awhile before heading to the next animal.
This continued for a couple more hours until we finally made it back to the entrance.
Overall I had a pretty good time with him. Not one did either of us bring up the whole.. dispute thing? I guess he really did just want to get to know me. Which is nice honestly.
I learned all about his life including his love life.. which according to him doesn't exist. He also talked a lot about his friends, apparently they all say he's crazy but in that good way. They all seem like a really cool group of people... of coarse aside from all the 'destruction of the world'
I got to show him some of my songs and he said he loved them. He had heard a few of them before but he said it sounded different knowing we're related.

"Whoa whoa whoa! Your saying you've MET! Dj Khalid!?" He exclaimed. I laugh and nod "yeah! He's a pretty chill dude" I shrug my shoulder.
"Man... you've had a pretty good life" he chuckles. I nod "yeah"
There was a long pause of silence you too he finally broke it "what was dad like?"
I honestly didn't expect him to say that, that is until I realized he never actually! Met him
I sigh "he was amazing. He loved me and my mom sooo much, I was really broken when he died" I lower my head. "How did he-?" "Pass? Well he got cancer and a few months after that he passed away" my eyes stung with tears but I sucked them back up.
"Oh... I wish I could have met him. My mom always said he was a horrible person who didn't care for anyone but himself, and that he doesn't care about me.. that hurt me, really bad. And the saddest part was that I actually believe her, for the longest time" I looked back up at him "but.. now all I wanna do is meet him, and tell him that I've known he's loved me. Now matter what his actions were"
I pulled him into a hug "He really did love you" I tell him.
He chuckles slightly "I know he did"

After a couple of seconds staying in that position, we pull away.
"You uh.. want me to drive you to your apartment?" He asks.
I laugh "first of all I moved out of that place, and second thats probably not a good idea. The guys might not like the idea of you knowing where we live now" I tell him.
He nods "understandable"
We walk out of the zoo and head to his car, My driver drove me here so he should be here soon.
"You think we could do this again?" He asks, nervous by my answer.

I smile "I would like that." he smiled wide "Great! ill keep in touch"he hopped in his car and shut the door, rolling down the window. "Bye Layla!" he yelled, backing up. I waved bye as he drove off.

Almost immediately Sam appeared in front of me. "GEEZ! Sam!" I jump back "What!are you doing here!?" "Colby asked me to come get you. Said it'd be easier than you being driven"he shrugged. wait.. "How'd you know I was here?" I ask, crossing my arms.

He looked around, refusing to look me in the eyes. "Sam" "OKAY! Colby made me watch you all day" he gave in. I stare at him "What!" "I-It wasn't me idea! It was Colby's! I just went along with it!" I roll my eyes and walk away from him.

"Where are you going!?" he yelled to me. "Away from you!" He appeared once again right in front of me "Colby would kill me if I let you walk alone" "we'll news flash! Colby doesn't control me" I walk around him and continue my strut. "Please! Just come home, yell at Colby all you want, and THEN! You can walk in the city alone... sound good?""
I roll my eyes, "fine"
He touches my arm and a bright flashing light appears in my vision as we suddenly appear back at the house. Almost immediately, I spot Colby on the couch Talking to the boys. "Why did you send Sam to spy on me the entire day?" I ask, standing right in front of him. "I-I don't know what your talking about" he put his hand on his neck. "Cut the crap, I know a liar when I see one..why? Do you not trust me?"
He shook his head "No! No I don't trust him! He's dangerous Layla, and I don't like the idea of y'all being together alone." "He May be dangerous but he's also my brother! Hey Sam, please explain to Colby the day we had today"

Sam hesitated for a few seconds before he spoke up "they went to the zoo.. and they looked like they were having a really good time?" "A good time.. Colby. And I would rather you talk to me about maybe tagging along!not sending Sam sorry Sam" "no worries" Colby shook his head "look I'm sorry.. I just- don't want to lose you.."
I sigh and let my arms fall loose "I promise you.. your not. But if this relationship is gonna work, your gonna need to learn to trust me"
He nodded rapidly "Layla I promise you, Nothing like this will ever happen again, I swear"
I give him a soft grin "okay"
He let out a sigh of relief and pulled me into a hug.
I could never stay mad at this cutie, not now, not ever.