[Chapter 51]

*Colbys pov*

I walked back out of Liza's room and back towards the main room. But instead of going back to Layla and David I walked to the kitchen to grab a glass, filling it with water.
I walk back over and as I sit down I drop the glass. "Oh sh*t!" I exclaim as it fell and shattered on the floor.
There was a small blur coming from the hallways and here so I knew she had done it. I looked down to see a small cut on David's ankle from one of the pieces of glass.
"Oh my god David I am SO sorry" I apologize, acting as sorry as such could.
"I-it's fine.. can I have a bandaid?" He asks, anger hidden in his sweet tone. I can see right through him.
"Yeah I'll go get you one" I say as I stand up and run towards my room. I dig through my drawers to find the poison vile hidden under cloths. I grab it and run to the bathroom where I open up a Bandaid and put a few drops of the poison on it, leaving about half the vile still full. I shut us and stuff it in my pocket, carrying the bands in back to the living room.
"Here ya go" I say handing it to him. Carefully, he placed it on his cut and patted it down "thanks" he said through his teeth.
I nodded and sat down.
The night carried on normal. I was forced to talk to David still, along with his friends. Though his friends were cool, not threatening at all.
We played some games and ate food. But throughout it all I could see the pain David was in. Though he wasn't showing it, I could read his mind.

Shit why does my leg hurt

Aghhh it stingssss and it's tingling!?

I feel faint And tired

We're a few of his common thoughts. In a weird way, I felt bad. Yes, I know I'm helping Layla. I just wish it was in a better way.
"Hey I'm gonna step outside" David tell's Layla she furrows her eyebrows "okay, you okay?" She asks.
He nods "yeah, just need some air"
She nodded and David walked away and towards the balcony.
"Want me to go check on him?" I ask her. He nods and I get up and walk to the balcony as well.
I shut the door and close the blinds. David was leaning against the edge, his face dug deep into the palms of his hands.
"Aw you care" he laughed. I roll my eyes "cut the crap, I know why your here"
He chuckled and turned to face me "cause of Layla?" He asks. I nod "I know you want her powers, and once you have them your gonna kill her"
He pouts his lips and shrugs his shoulders "yeah pretty much. I'm kinda bummed about it honestly, Layla's cool, plus she's my sister. But hey, gotta do what you gotta do"
I cross my arms to hide the fact my fists were clenching "how were you gonna take her powers?" I ask.
He pulled a small vile from his pocket "this.. it extracts it and I catch it.. pretty simple to be honest" he shrugs.
I roll my eyes "to bad it won't happen"
"Oh really? And why's that?" He crossed his arms.

Liza come here

Liza appeared next to me. David furrowed his eyebrows "the traitor? What's she gonna do?" He laughed.
"You can let go now" I tell her. She nods and releases her power from his leg, revealing the glowing blue veins leading all the way up his leg.
"Oh wow would you look at that, it's almost there!" I exclaim.
He stared at the veins traveling up hid body.
"What did you do!?" he yelled.

"Ever heard of the moon wolves?" his face dropped and he looked to Liza. "This is your! Fault. You knew about them and what they had, your a murderer" he spat. I blocked her from his vision by stepping in front of her "She knew nothing! Of them. If anyone here is the murderer it would be me"
He shook his head "Every nightwing takes a lesson on moon wolves it's required. She knew exactly! Who they were" he glared at her, before groaned in pain and slowly collapsing on the floor.
"Hey are ya'll oka-" layla caught sight of David and gasped, running to his side. She looked down at his wound and the veins spreading through his body. "C-Colby what's happening!?" she pleaded.
"Colby poisoned me!" David groaned "HE hated me and didnt trust me. So he poisoned me with the moon wolf's posion"
I look at Layla and the anger and sadness in her voive. "You did this?" her voice cracked.
I nod. Her eyes turn black and she appeared in front of me, clouded by smoke. "HOW COULD YOU!? I THOUGHT YOU TRUSTE HIM!! I THOUGHT YOU TRUSTED ME!?" She yelled loudly.
"I-I" I couldn't speak, I just stared at her. At the anger in her eyes. She doesn't know what he was planning. She can't know. She'll hate herself for the rest of her life if she knew she fell for his tricks.. again.
Everyone knew this was the plan. Everyone except her..
"DO YOU WANT!? ME TO BE LIKE HIM!? HUH! CAUSE YOU JUST DESTROYED MY ONE CHANCE AT STAYING GOOD! IF YOU WANTED THAT SO BADLY HERE YOU GO! IM ANGRY! IM F*CKING ANGRY! AND HURT AND DESTROYED!"she yelled, her voice getting deeper and louder "AND ITS ALL CAUSE OF YOU! AND ONLY! YOU!"
I slowly backed away into a corner, knowing I couldnt fight her even if I tried. I wasn't scared of her.. I could NEVER be scared of her.
I'm just worried.
"Layla" David groaned. Her eyes turned back to their normal color and she glared deeply at me before running back to him. "Hey hey it's okay you'll be okay" she soothed
He chuckled through the pain "no I won't. I've done my research. Unless you have the antidote tucked away somewhere I'm gonna die. But hey, at least I can meet dad" he said sadly.
"Don't say that. You have so long to do that.. just not now" tears were brimming her eyes, threatening to fall.
"Layla it's okay" a tear fell from his eyes. Deep down I knew he was lying to make it seem like I was the bad guy, but he's such a good actor even I would have fallen for it.
Slowly his eyes began to close and his body fell limp. I try to mind link... nothing.
It's done.
"David?" She shook his body. Nothing. Tears began to fall from her eyes like waterfall's. Her cheeks flushed and her nose turned red "David please wake up"
I slowly approached her "Layla I-"
She stood up and pushed me back, her eyes returning to the shade of dark black. This time glowing.
"THIS IS YOUR FAULT!" She yelled "I NEVER want to see you! Or ANY of y'all again" she gestured to everyone who was now outside and watching. "I HATE YOU COLBY BROCK I F*CKING HATE! YOU"
My heart shattered. I knew it was coming. I knew she would breakup with me and leave. It shouldn't be this hard since I was expecting it.. yet it is. It's like someone ripped my heart out, tore it in half, and sent it off to space where no one would ever find it again. Including me.
Her eyes flared down and returned to the tear filled hazel ones they were before.
She disappeared into smoke and everyone stood still. Not saying anything.
"You did this?" Heath asked, looking down at David's body. I nodded. He nodded. And walked away, along with everyone else from his pack. Leaving just us. The originals. The people behind all this.
Honestly I wouldn't even say they were apart of this. It was me.. it was ALL me. No matter who helped or took part. This was my doing and only mine
"I'm sorry" I whispered. Though I knew it meant nothing. Not to her, to to them.. not to me.
Everyone decided I should be left alone. So they left. And I was left alone with my thoughts. Why did I do it?
Was it for her?
Or was it for me?
Cause I was being selfish.
That's it, yeah.
I stood there for what felt like hours left with my thoughts and tears, until the door slid open and out walked Sam.
He had a note in his hand.
"Layla left this for you" he said sorrowful. I nod and hesitantly take the note from him. Then he walked back inside.
Slowly I opened the not..