[Chapter 29]

*still Colby's pov*
(Outfit above✔️)

I walk out of the front door very frustrated. How could they not want to come see Layla? They love watching her perform?

I ignore it for now and walk downstairs and see the bus driver waiting for us.. we'll.. me.
I tell him the situation and he's ok with it. I hop on the bus and take a seat.
I pullout my phone an see that Layla posted
Y

I pullout my phone an see that Layla postedY

I smile and like the photo.

Before I know it I arrive at the stadium. It's another sold out performance which is amazing. I'm so happy for her.
Security directs me backstage where I see Layla warming up her voice.
I grab the flower bouquet I had brought for her and sneak up behind her.
"BOO!" I yell.

She yelps and turn Around quickly before letting outa sigh of relief, I laugh "gotcha!"

"Colby!" She laugh. I pull the flowers from behind me and she smiles "thanks.. and hey sorry about our fight"
I shake my head "no need to apologize. I don't control you and you can talk to whom you please" I say with a smile.
She grins "Thanks. Where's everyone else?"
Ugh the question I've been dreading.
"They uh.. aren't here" I say. She looks confused "huh?"
"You see Cole came by today and he invited them to go to a trampoline park, so they stayed behind." I say.
She looks down "it's ok" she say putting a smile on, but I could tell it was fake.
"But hey. I'm still here" I say flashing a reassuring smile. She chucked "I know. And I couldn't be more thankful" she says giving me a hug.
"Layla your on!" A stagehand yells to her.
I smile "good luck! You'll do great" I cheer.
She smiles and hands me back the flowers "thanks." Before walking off.

————————————

*after show*
Layla walks from behind the curtain breathing heavily. I run up to her and give her a hug "YOU DID AMAZING!"  I yell.
She laughs as I spin her around "COLBYYYYYyyy LeT Gooooo" she giggles. I love her laugh.
I set her down and she fixed her outfit "ok so we're heading to the next town tomorrow morning so we need to get back to the hotel room and clean up"

I shake my head "I shall clean for m'lady. And m'lady shall rest" I say in a funny British tone.
She giggle "ok"

"Oh! And I brought you a chance of cloths. I don't want you to drive back in that" I say, handing her a bag.
She thanks me and heads to a dressing room and returns in the outfit I picked out for her

"Perfect!" She giggles spinning around.

I smile "perfect".
We make our way back to the bus and head back to the apartment.
When we get back everyone was on the couch talking. Not even caring that we had just walked in.
"Hello?" Layla says.
Nothing.
*AHEM!* I yell.
They all look our way.
"Oh.. hi Layla!" Kat greets walking up to Layla and giving her a hug. But Layla doesn't really hug back.
"Why weren't y'all at my performance today?" She asks.
"Oh Cole invited us to a trampoline park!" She said. I roll my eyes
"That's still no excuse for you to miss it." I say. Kat ignores me. Wtf?
"Yeah What Colby said. I was really disappointed" Layla says with a frown.
"Look we're sorry but we wanted to go somewhere else" Kat says with some attitude "not everything's about you"

Layla scoffs and storms off to her room.
I glare at everyone on the couches. I guess Cole left earlier, cause he wasn't here.
"What is wrong with y'all?" I ask, trying to be as calm as I could.
"Look Colby, not everything's about Layla. We wanted to go do our own thing and we did. We're our own people" Jake says
"But Layla really needed y'all there" I say "as Jake said. Not everything's about her" Corey chimed in

I scoff "what is with y'all today?"

"Colby nothing's wrong with us!? We wanted to go somewhere besides Layla's show. That's not a bad thing" Dev argues.

"But why—— Cole" I growl

"Hey don't bring him into this! Cole is a great guy and just because you don't like him doesn't mean we don't! So you need to just stop! Ok!?" Sam yells.
Im shocked... Sam never yells at me? EVER!?

I back away and scoff "I cant believe y'all" I say, walking to Layla's room and shutting the door.
I sigh and lean agains the door. I look and see Layla curled up under her sheets.
I chuckle and walk over and sit down.
I see the indents where her feet are and tickle them, she giggles and moves them away. But I follow them and tickle them again. She laughs and moves them away once more.
"Oh you wanna play that game huh?" I laugh, she peeks the top of her head out from under the covers and looks at me with her beautiful hazel eyes.
She giggles and dives back under the covers.
I then stand up and jump on the bed making her bounce up and down laughing "COLBY!" She giggles "Stop ITTTT"
I laughs an Jump on the bed next to her. I tickle her sides, making her laugh even more.
"COLBYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyy" She screeches. I finally stop and lay my head down on the pillow.
"Great I can finally breath!" She exaggerates, I chuckle.
"Your welcome" I sing

"Hey wanna go do something fun?" I ask, looking over to her.
She smiles "what did you have in mind?"

"Come on" I say standing up "it's a secret"

She giggles and stands up from the couch.

We make our way out of her room and to the main room. Where everyone was talking. They all glares at us, I just made a goofy face and continued to walk.

I open the door for Layla and she laugh "thank you kind sir" she says in a ladylike voice.
I close the door and we head to the elevator.
"You know what they remind me of?" She ask
"What?" I smile
"The evil monkeys from the wizard of OZ" she laughs
I laugh with her "at the moment... I agree"

Though were joking about it right now I can't help but still he confused. What influenced this sudden
Mood change?
But I do have my suspects.
Cole