[Chapter 49]

To say I've been on edge is an understatement. Ever since the elder from Katani's camp told me I had darkness in my heart I've been very distant from my friends. That statement brought back memories from when I was in my dream state when Cole stole my mind.
After all the memories I saw what I'm pretty sure was the future. I had almost forgotten about it..

No.. Layla stop!" Someone yells..

Colby?

I run towards his distressed voice

"You Hurt Them!" Hey yells

"NO NO NO!" I yell, running faster

"It's all your fault!"

That's when I woke up. I never found the voice, I only knew it was Colby's..
What perfect timing, Colby walked in. I was sitting on my phone, still in pajamas though it was 2 in the afternoon.
"Layla you have to get out of bed sometime" he scolds. I pout "what if I don't want to"
He sighs and takes a seat next to me "you can't live in fear for the rest of your life, Layla.. you have to face them"
I sit up "and what if that fears hurting y'all? What do I do then?" I cross my arms.
He sighs and places his arm around me "you won't.. I know you won't" he gently placed A kiss on my cheek as I laid my head down on his shoulder.
"I'm sorry if I'm being dramatic over this.." I say softly, in almost a whisper.
"Your not being dramatic. Your scared and it's normal to worry" he soothed.
I sat back up and smiled "Thanks Colby"
He smiled "anytime Layla"
It was silent for a few seconds before he stood up "I'll be back, Gotta go talk to sam.. about.. a video. Bye!" And he ran out.. weird?
I shrugged it off and lated back down, before hearing my phone ding. I reached for it to see a text from David.

𝙷𝚎𝚢

I reply with the same response. Hey.

𝚆𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚊 𝚖𝚎𝚎𝚝?

Should I meet him? I mean yeah we're kinda cool now, but even then I don't know. Maybe.
Colby would hate it, but he doesn't control me so I guess it doesn't matter.
I have to trust him. Maybe him being cool with me puts me at a less risk of Turing bad? Cause the one thing that could do that would be him? Right?
𝐒𝐮𝐫𝐞, 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐚𝐭 𝐦𝐲 𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞. 𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐢𝐧𝐯𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐩𝐚𝐜𝐤.

𝚁𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢? 𝙰𝚛𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚜𝚞𝚛𝚎 𝙲𝚘𝚕𝚋𝚢 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚐𝚞𝚢𝚜 𝚠𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝?

𝐈 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧 𝐧𝐨.. 𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐰𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐭𝐫𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠?

𝚈𝚎𝚊𝚑, 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚏𝚘𝚕𝚕𝚘𝚠 𝚖𝚢 𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚠𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚍𝚘 𝚊𝚗𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚏 𝙸 𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚊𝚜𝚔 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚖 𝚝𝚘.. 𝚠𝚑𝚒𝚌𝚑  𝙸 𝚠𝚘𝚗'𝚝

...𝐨𝐤𝐚𝐲. 𝐓𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭? 6 𝐎'𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐜𝐤?

6 𝙾'𝚌𝚕𝚘𝚌𝚔. 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚏𝚎𝚌𝚝! 𝚂𝚎𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚝𝚘𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚜𝚒𝚜

𝐒𝐞𝐞 𝐲𝐚 𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫

😱😭

𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭?

𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚌𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚍 𝚖𝚎 𝚋𝚛𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚛𝚛𝚛𝚛

𝐎𝐡 𝐬𝐡𝐮𝐭 𝐮𝐩😏

😋

I shut my phone off and ran to the living room where everyone was chilling. They all looked at me like I was a ghost. "Where's sam and Colby?" I ask. "Our room? Why?" Kat answers.
I immediately run to sam room to see him and Colby sitting on his bed. Stopping their conversation when I walked in.
"House meeting" I tell them.
"O-okay we'll be right down" he said.
I nod and walk away and back to the living room. Only seconds after they both join us. And sit on the couch.
I stand in front of the TV and shut it off "David and his pack are coming over tonight for dinner" I announce quickly.
Immediately they began to yell "WHAT!?" "Why would you invite them!?" "This isn't good!" "What if they attack!!??" "Their gonna know where we live!?!?" "LAYLA!" "That's not a good idea!" "We can't trust them!" "Why on EARTH would you invite them!?" They all argue, I pinch my fingers together, shutting their mouths closed "just listen!" And I released them.
"I think if I get rid of the one thing that puts me at risk of turning bad then I won't turn. This could! Be my only chance. And since I'm not! Killing or hurting anyone were befriending them" I cross my arm.
They all looked worried and angry "guys please.. this is the only thing that could help me.. us! I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I hurt y'all.. or worse! Killed y'all!'. Please..Y'all don't have to agree with it. Just let them come." I beg.
They all gave each other looks but Sam and Colby kept their eyes locked on each other ,giving each other a look I could not read.
"Okay" Colby spoke first.
"What!?" Everyone yelled besides Sam. "Really? Colby your okay with it?" I say shocked. I expected him to be the most against the idea.
I nodded "if you believe this will help you.. then I'm all for it." He stood up and walked towards me "but if he tries anything?"
"You have my full permission to protect me" I smile "thank you"
He kissed my lips and put his arms around my body "I love you"
We looked into each tiers eyes before Jake spoke "I mean I'm okay with it.. but can you promise they won't try anything?"
I nod "they only listen to David. So if we can trust him, we can trust them"
"Then okay. Let's have ourselves a party!" I laughed at his cheerfulness. "Let's do it" devyn added. "Yeah they'd have a party" "okay" "woohoo!" They all said.
Liza was the only one who didn't say anything.
"Do you think they'll hate me?" She asks "I-I haven't seen them in a few months a-and I betrayed them. So they probably hate me" he stuttered.
I shrug "they might. Just don't provoke them and you'll be fine. And if they give you any trouble you come directly to me or Colby.. okay?" She nodded.
"Then it's settled. Party tonight as six, dress casual Jake can you handle food?" He smiled widely "are paddle board's  my favorite things in the world?" I raised an eyebrow "I mean all you do is post about it so yeah?" "Then yes, I can handle food"
I thanked him and looked to Corey "can you plan some games?"
He nodded "yeah sista" he said in a British voice. I laughed and rolled my head "then go relax, take a nap or something. Cause at 6, we're befriending the enemy" and we all went our separate ways. Sam and Colby went back to sam's room to talk and I went with Liza and the girls  to her room to relax since I've been in my room for long enough.
Though I don't know why Sam and Colby are being secretive, I trust them. They wouldn't do anything stupid I know them.

Am I nervous about to tonight? Yes. Am I scared somethings gonna go wrong? Yes. Do I think this can help me?

Maybe..