[Chapter 50]

*Colbys Pov*
*after Layla announced the party*

Me and Sam were in his room, sitting on the bed "Colby are you sure this is a good idea?" He asks.
I shake my head "of coarse not! But tonight would be the perfect time to get David"
"But I thought you wanted to help Layla?" He questioned.
"I do! Sam she still doesn't know Cole is here in America, she also doesn't know David's not a good person. We saw him planning something remember? Well.. Jake did. But still, I won't let her get hurt if I know I can protect her"
"She's gonna hate you.. Colby.. she probably won't ever talk to you again" he said is a sorrowful voice.
I knew he was right.. she strongly believes there's still good in him. And she also believes if she can bring that out, it'll put her at less risk of hurting us.
But I know what he's planning. And that is to hurt her.. and I will not! Let that happen. Even if it means I never talk to her again. Her safety comes first.
"I know.. and I don't care. I'm not gonna let him get her if I know I can prevent it."
Nodded "Even if we do, don't we need to have to get the poison in an open wound? How are we gonna do that without raising any suspicions?"
"What if an accident happened, and I told them the strum was an ointment?" It could work? "They have self healing remember?" I shake my head "skeletal reconstruction, not self healing for open wounds"
He nods "okay but even then, wouldn't it raise suspicions? The poison makes it green and veiny" "we'll have Liza use her illusions power to cover it up!" "Colby I'm really not sure about this"
"Sam I need to do this. I wouldn't be able to live with messed if.. you know.. and this could be my only chance to get him. Please.. help me protect her." I beg.
He thought for a moment before sighing and nodding "thank you Sam."
He smiles "no problem Colby. Now! Let's go plan a party" I laugh and we both stand up and make our way to Liza's room.
All the girl were chatting and having fun.. until we walked in. "Ew. Boys" Layla giggled.
I pout "heyyyy"
She laughed and gestured for me to come over, I follow her demand and sat on her lap "colbyyy" she whined "get off you too heavy!!!"
I plastered my body all over hers, annoying her to the point where she pushed me off "ha"
"Rude. Anyways! Do you want me to do anything for tonight?" I ask, sitting up and leaning on the bed.
She nods "mentally prepare yourself to talk to David that'll be all thank you"
I frown "what!? Why meeee" "cause your my boyfriend and I want you to" she giggles.
I lean my head back "but Laylaaaaa"
"You better do it colby, you forget what Layla can do" devyn teases. I look at Layla and she smirked deviously and nodded. I sighed and nodded "fineeee"

*3 hours later*
*Layla's pov*

David and his pack we're gonna arrive soon and we've all been waiting. Jake ordered pizza and went to buy some finger foods and desserts so all of that's covered. Corey bought some funny ice breaker games and cards against humanity for our entertainment. But other than that I think we should all just sit, talk, get to know each other more. Who knows maybe my friends and his pack will get along
great!
I tap my foot up and down in distress, Colby stops me by placing his hand on my thigh "calm down, your gonna be fine" he reassured me "tonight's gonna go... fine" he looked away for a second then back to me.
I nod "yeah.. yeah okay"
They door bell rang and my head jerked toward the door, they're here..
"GUYS THERE HERE GET YOUR BUTTS DOWN HERE!" I yell before zipping to the door and opening it "hi!"
David greeted me with a smile and a hug "hiya sis, you remember my pack right?" He asked nervously, moving out of the way to reveal his friends.
I nod "yes Heath, Zane, Matt, Jason, Scotty, Todd, Kristin, and Corinna!" I say pointing to each of them. They all laughed and nodded.
"Great! Come in come in" I moved out of the way and let them enter.
"Did the guard give you any trouble?" I ask David. He shook his head "no, he was kind actually" I nodded "good good"
I shut the door and took a deep breath, turning back around to see everyone standing on opposite sides of the room. My friends near the living room, and David's near the kitchen.
Colby cleared his throat "How are you?" He said in a questioning voice to David. David looked at me then back to Colby "I am great thanks for asking"
I let out a sigh of relief and my shoulders felt less tense. "Hey thanks for allowing us to come over dude" David says in a grateful tone.
"Anything for Layla" he replied kindly.
Okay everything's going well so far.. let's see if it keeps us.
"Okay introductions! Heath, Zane, Matt, Jason, Scotty, Todd, Kristin, and Corinna meet sam, Corey, Jake, Kat, Tara, and Dev. sam, Corey, Jake, Kat, Tara, and Dev meet Heath, Zane, Matt, Jason, Scotty, Todd, Kristin, and Corinna" I said all In one breath.
They all awkwardly smiled and waved.
"I love your dress where did you get it?!" Tara exclaimed as she looked at Kristens dress. "H&M actually" she laughed.
"No. Way." Tara said dumbfounded.
And boom, everyone clicked. The guys all hanged and the girls all hanged. And David and Colby got along surprisingly fine. Though Colby was acting kinda weird I bet it's just nerves.
"Hey I gotta go to the restroom.." "oh down the hall to the right" "cool thanks" and David walked off.
Colby stared into the wall, not looking at anyone. Slowly his facial expression changes to worry and fear "colby?" I snap him out of his trance "you okay?"
He nodded "y-yeah. I'm fine" he said clearing his throat.
I nodded "okay?"

*Colby's pov*

It's almost time.. I'm finally getting on her good side and soon it'll be time to attack and Cary out our plan.

David's thoughts clouded my mind, not letting me think straight. I felt my heart pretty much drop and my palms began to get all sweaty.
Layla asked if I was fine and I replied with yeah, but I lied obviously.
I looked at sam though he was talking to Matt

He's planning something we need to carry on with the plan.. now

I mind linked. His facial expression changed from a distance and he glanced at me and slightly nodded before looking back to Matt.
David returned with a smile on his face "and I'm back what were we talking about again?" He laughed.
"U-uh how you lived in a cave for your entire life" I say. "Oh right! Well-" I kinda spaced out after that. Not listening to anything he was saying.
Wait where's Liza?
"Hey I'll be right back" I say as I stand up and walk towards her room.
She was sitting down on her bed, curled up in a ball and resting her head on her arms. I shut the door again and walked up to her "hey.. are you okay?" I ask.
She looked up at me "I can't go out there.. I can't" she whispered, her voice cracking ever to slightly.
"But why?" I reply "they'll hate me.. tease me or i don't know. I've delt with bullies before and I'm not gonna let it happen again" she stuffed her he's in her arms again.
"Okay I'm not gonna force you out there.. but I do need your help"
She looked up at me "I need you to help me kill David"