The Dinner Date With Bruce

I am at the house cooking food for Bruce & I's dinner date tonight while Bruce is out getting something from the city. I am almost done cooking when Bruce walks in with bags.
"Hey," I say. "Did you get what you needed?"
"Ya I also got some more things that I noticed we were getting low on," he says putting some frozen vegetables in the freezer.
"Okay well I am almost done cooking dinner. I will make the table when I'm done cooking," I say.
"When I get done putting things in their place I will make the table since you cooked dinner," Bruce says walking up to me & leaning up against the counter.
"Are you sure Bruce?"
"Ya I'm sure. You're going through the trouble of making sure dinner is cooked & making sure it's right so I think that I should make the table for you."
"Ok thank you," I say.
"You're welcome," he says before planting a kiss on my cheek.
Bruce put everything away & set the table while I placed the food on the table.
We sit down at the table. "This smells and looks good babe," Bruce says.
"Thanks," I say.
Bruce gets his plate ready & after he gets how much he wants I get how much food I want.
"So other than cooking what have you done today?" Bruce asks between bits.
"Well I did laundry & cleaned a bit," I say.
Bruce feels his pockets like he needs something. "I'll be right back," he says getting up from his seat.
"Ok," I say.
Bruce heads towards the bedroom. Bruce than comes back with his hands in his pockets.
"Did you get what you needed?" I ask.
"Ya I did," he says.