Damn You

The exam period had finally passed and university applications would soon come out. I was going to apply to one in the town where I lived and to another two in other big cities. That meant moving away. Until then, however, I had my summer holidays during which I wanted to relax as much as possible. Sage didn't talk to me at all and I saw him only from the distance. However, my mother still remembers that he asked me to paint his backyard and has told me to go there as soon as I finish my exams. Lorenzo too didn't make it easy on me. He asked me million and one question, and gave me no choice but to answer. I admitted that there was something going on between us, like attraction and flirting, but I never told him that we were physical too. To the contrary, I lied how he keeps his distance probably because he is uncomfortable with it all. This made him seem a bit better in Lorenzo's eyes. I don't know why I had the need to justify him in front of others.

That morning Sage decided to give my mother a call and ask about the material I needed to paint his garden. It must have been a part of his plan to do that because he would remind my mother about the painting and also have her push me, and also he knew that she would tell him to ask me about the material directly. However, as I mentioned above, my mother already remembered. After the call she invited him over for tea, and of course, he came.

I was forced to drink the tea with them but Sage didn't give me a single look. To be honest, I was completely confused with his actions. First he tried to be sexual with me, then I told him I wanted more, he didn't so he disappeared for two weeks, and now he suddenly schemes and plots to have me in his house but doesn't look at me at all. I mean, come on, it's more than obvious that he doesn't care about getting that painting and he could easily have someone else do it if he did. The first time he spoke to me was when he gave me one of his credit cards and told me to use that for the material. I only nodded and left the room.

It took me a while to figure out a way of how to get back at Sage and avoid all his plots to have me in his house. I figured the best way was if I went there and painted early in the morning. The lighting would be fine enough and he would be asleep. I don't really feel like waking up that early in my summer holidays but then I could paint extra at home and make sure I finish it all quickly.

-

I did exactly as I planned. The next day I went to buy the material, and the day after I sneaked into Sage's garden at 5am. I began with my sketching and decided to stop at 7 because I knew he would wake up soon. I returned home and in the afternoon when he called my mother to ask when I was going to go there, I said that I went already because I preferred to paint it early in the morning. He knew I was lying and my mum questioned why he contacted me through her when he could call me directly. However she didn't stay thinking about it much since she enjoyed talking to him. Right after he sent a message to my phone from another sim card. "Stop trying to avoid me, you know it will be as I want in the end." I ignored his text and did the same thing next morning.

I returned home again at 7 and he again called in the afternoon, just this time he called me. I decided to pick up.

"It's about time you unblock my actual number." He said.

"It's about time you leave me alone." I fired back. I heard him sigh on the other side of the phone.

"You came in the morning again, didn't you?" He asked.

"Yup." I replied and he cut the call. I was honestly shocked he did that because it was the last thing I'd expect him to do. He's been very confusing these past few days. He tries to get me near him but at the same time doesn't approach me directly. I mean this call was a direct approach, but then he cut too soon and without a word. The best thing would be for me not to think about it.

Lorenzo and I passed the day in his bedroom either talking or staring at our phones. Stefan liked about 5 of my Instagram pictures at once. I found it odd and it reminded me of that exam day when he approached me. I thought about it a little but I figured he did it because Lorenzo spoke to him and now he felt obliged to be nice to me.

As the night approached and I was getting tired, I decided to have a shower and go to bed.

-

I kept on thinking how much my life has changed since Sage moved into our neighbourhood. I also reflected on how boring it became once again due to his absence during these past few weeks. To be entirely honest, the change did me good. It wasn't the wisest thing getting involved with an older man while underage, but it made me experience moments of pure passion which I never thought I'd experience at this age. The only other interesting thing happening was Stefan but Stefan brought disharmony with him. He ruined my peace and provoked anxiety inside me. Sage also didn't bring much peace with him but at least he didn't humiliate me in front of the entire school. Despite everything he made me happy and caused butterflies in my stomach, but unfortunately he did it all just to play with my body and that caused lots of pain.

I slowly drifted away and fell asleep, but not for long...

Hope you like this update Xo