t-h-r-e-e

̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶   ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ 

hs

"What just happened?" Liam asks, pulling Harry and Louis' eyes off the spot where Niall had just been with who they presume is his boyfriend.

"I'm not sure," Harry says, eyebrows furrowed.

"Well I like him," Louis pitches in, both Liam and Harry looking at him like he has three heads, "What? He's spunky, we don't get much of that in these circles."

"But that's him, right?" Liam asks, looking back to Harry.

"Yeah, that's him alright. Niall James Horan. His parents have been in contact with mine for weeks. The plan was for us to meet tonight and spend time together to get to know one another," Liam frowns.

"Looks like he's getting to know someone else, if you get what I mean," Louis laughs at his joke, pretending to wipe an imaginary tear away, but Liam sends him a disapproving look while Harry sends him a sour one that snaps him out of it, "Sorry. Did you know he has a boyfriend?"

"No, not a clue. No one said anything about that," Harry answers, looking back to where Niall had just been shamelessly dry fucking the boy who had given the three of them a very intimidating, very challenging, look.

"Well, let's go get some answers, shall we?" Liam asks and Harry nods, the two boys leading him back inside the building to look for the Styles'.

"Mum, dad," Harry walks up to where his parents are speaking to one another, but they smile at the intrusion.

"Harry, darling, how did it go? Did you like him?" His mother Anne asks, sounding oblivious.

"I mean, it was awful. Did you know he has a boyfriend?" His parents share a wary look before turning back to Harry, the other two standing behind him.

"His parents mentioned something about a boyfriend, yes. He's not suitable for Niall, that's why we are here," She continues, his father not quite pitching in on the conversation just yet.

"I don't understand, am I supposed to break them up? He barely even looked at me, mum, there's no way this is going to work," Harry gets out, beginning to panic.

"Son, it's alright. We'll make it work. Let us speak with the Horan's and we will sort this out. Until then, procure his number and keep in touch. Build a friendship with him and things will begin to fall into place. He will be yours before you know it," Harry's father, Desmond, steps in as Anne sets her hand on Harry's arm.

"Alright," Harry agrees, knowing his parents know best, "He gave his business card to the bartender, it appeared they'd become friends. Maybe she'll give it to me. If not, I can speak with his parents. Is that acceptable?" He asks. It's not customary for the children to approach the adults in this world, the adults approach the children. But if there is an emergency, they are permitted.

The only adults the children can freely approach at these functions are their own, or ones they have relationships with. Harry, Liam and Louis may all approach each other's families, but it would not pass over well if they were to approach, say, Niall's family without prior permission.

"That it is indeed. Tell them that you would like to get Niall's phone number so that you two may begin spending time with one another, I'm sure they'd be happy to oblige," Desmond gives his permission, Harry nodding in response with a quick "Thank you."

The three walk off and head toward the bar, aiming for the bartender.

"Hey, would you like another drink? We'll be closing down soon," The girl says, smiling widely at the three of them. She's no older than they are.