t-w-e-n-t-y--s-i-x

I added to the ending of chapter 25 so please go read the last little bit of it again, it will set up this chapter much better than I already had. Thank youuuuuu and sorry for the inconvenience!!!

 ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶   ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ 

nh

The morning is quiet. The birds aren't singing, the cars aren't rumbling, the people aren't chatting, and the world is quiet. Not even the Horan's are up Niall's arse about this and that, giving Niall the feeling that something is off. But he's on a mission, and he'll be damned if he doesn't do what he's set out to do. He just prays the universe will send him a sign if he's made the wrong decision.

...

It's a deep sense of fear and excitement that has Niall rushing through the hallways at school, desperately looking for the boy on his mind. Well, one of them. He has to talk to him more than he's ever needed anything in the entire world.

He runs through each hall, head on a swivel as he looks for the one person he's in dire need of speaking to. Leave it to Niall to not know where to find him when he really needs to.

He runs out into the courtyard, eyes scanning the crowd of cotton polyester blend, scanning each person's face for the one he's looking for.

Finally, he spots someone he recognizes.

"Louis! Liam!" He shouts, running up to them. His bag is falling off one shoulder and his hair is all over the place, his entire being looking very disheveled.

"What's going on?" Liam asks, Niall laughing a little as he pulls his bag up on his shoulder and situating it on his back properly.

"Where's Harry? Have you seen him? I need to talk to him," He rushes out, hardly taking a moment to breathe in between his words.

"No, we haven't seen much of him lately," Louis answers, Niall's shoulders falling in defeat. He has no idea how to find him if his two best friends don't even know where he is, "Why the desperate search? What's going on?"

"You don't know?"

"Don't know what?" Liam asks. Do they really not know?

"Harry and I have been sleeping together for like a month and a half, I figured he might've told you," Liam chokes on the air he's breathing and Louis looks much the same.

"Is that why you haven't been sitting with us at lunch lately? You've just been disappearing since you and Z word broke up," Niall shrugs.

"I've been in the library, getting coursework done. Figured I'd be productive. But no, that's not why I haven't been with ya's at lunch. But seriously I need to talk to him, how could you not have seen him?" Niall has been so lost in his own little bubble

"We aren't really friends with him anymore. Not since he started what he's doing. Not since he became someone we don't recognize," Liam answers, his voice soft and his words careful.

"Since he started doing what? What is he doing?" Niall doesn't understand.

"You're going to have to ask him that, we're not at liberty to say," Niall doesn't understand why they won't just tell him. Is it really that much of a secret?