t-w-e-n-t-y--t-w-o

̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶   ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ 

nh

Niall is chewing on his thumbnail, watching. Waiting.

Zayn is lying out on his bed, resting on his stomach, reading through the textbook for their homework.

Niall has yet to tell him what happened.

It has been three days.

He was a little confused as to why Niall didn't want to sit with Harry and the others yesterday at lunch, but was glad that it would be just the two of them again. He seemed pleased, he even bought Niall a smoothie (which he definitely didn't have to do) and gave him a fag (which he definitely did have to do, Niall's hand was shaking and that means he needs a fix). The memory seems to hit him all over again.

Niall gasps, pushing Harry away from him. He hadn't even realized what was happening until he heard his brother wolf whistle at the two of them while people around cheered. Niall looks around the room and sees his mother wiping at her tears, obviously very moved by the way too public display of affection between her son and his forcefully betrothed.

Harry looks quite panicked, but not nearly as panicked as Niall does.

"Niall, I-"

"Don't say anything!" Harry's lips drew shut immediately, almost as if pulled together by some force. Like magnets. Maybe Harry's lips have magnets in them that keep them shut when they need to be. It would explain why Niall kissed him back, he was drawn in by the magnets.

God, did he really just do what he thinks he did?

He walks backwards for a moment, just trying to get away from Harry, before turning around and breaking into a run out the building and onto the empty street. He can't hear anyone coming after him, and maybe that's a good thing.

That way he can break down without anyone seeing.

Studying was good, Niall determined. It kept his mind focused on things other than the fact that he cheated on his boyfriend three days ago, and it kept Zayn's mind focused, too. Kept Zayn from asking too many questions.

Zayn taps at the bed underneath his hands, his lips pursed as he drums on the mattress and reads his textbook. Something about mitosis and meiosis that makes his head want to cave in.

"Niall?" He asks, coming up alongside the curb on the motorbike, "What are you doing out here, love? Waiting for me?" He teases, Niall pushing off the ground and walking right over to Zayn. He grabs his collar and presses their lips together, needing the most recent kiss on them to be from Zayn and not from the curly one.

"Get me out of here," Niall whispers, Zayn reaching around and grabbing the bright pink helmet Louis got him and handing it to Niall, who doesn't even hesitate to put it on. That's when it clicks that something is wrong.

"What's wrong, love? What happened? Did your brother do something?" Niall climbs on, wrapping his arms around Zayn's waist.