t-w-e-l-v-e

̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶   ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ 

nh

"Have you eaten?" Are the first words Zayn asks when Niall is running out of the event hall and straight into his arms. He just shakes his head, still breathing hard from escaping, "Are you okay?"

"Leave now, talk later," Niall is pushing against Zayn's chest to get him to move faster, the two making their way to the bike. Zayn puts the helmet on Niall's head before Niall can even take it himself, his hands still resting on Zayn's chest.

Zayn's eyes catch the light reflecting off the small gold band on his left ring finger and his gut twists at the sight. He ignores it, climbing on the bike and feeling Niall settle in behind him.

"Ready?" Zayn asks, not wanting to just take off without knowing Niall is prepared to.

"Go," Niall orders and Zayn pushes off, gaining speed quickly. He brings them home without stopping once.

"Come on, love," Zayn says softly, helping Niall off the bike and taking the helmet, setting it on the seat before wrapping his arms around his boy as they make their way inside.

"Where?" Niall asks, eyes glancing around the house.

"Told them we needed it, they went to visit Nan," Niall nods, not needing to say anything else. When they get into Zayn's room, his hands are quickly ripping at his clothes, desperate to get them off, "Hey hey hey, slow down a little, bug, it's okay," Zayn hushes, helping Niall pull off the tie, who only throws it across the room.

Hastily he takes off the rest of his clothes, stripping completely naked. Zayn follows suit, not even bothering to get excited because he knows tonight is not a night for sex.

Zayn climbs into bed, Niall immediately latching onto him and wrapping himself around the taller boy. His head rests on Zayn's chest, arms so tight around his torso he's nearly crushing Zayn's ribs, but neither of them mention it.

Zayn runs his fingers through Niall's hair, gently massaging his scalp as he hears Niall slowly breathe out, some of the tension leaving his body as he sags against his boyfriend.

Only once Zayn is sure Niall is calmed does he speak.

"What happened, love?" He asks softly, his voice quiet in the silent room.

"Father pulled us both on stage and put the ring box in his hand. He got down on one knee and was all shaky when he asked. Neither of us wanted to be up there, that much was obvious, but everyone in that damned fucking room thought we were young and in love and maybe just shy because I had to say yes and then I had to put this stupid ring on and as soon as it was over I ran into the bathroom and threw up," Zayn sighs, his grip tightening on Niall.

He'd been preparing himself all night to hear what he knew he was going to, but that doesn't make it any easier.

"The only people who know this is all fake is me, you, his friends and him. I just...it's wrong, Zayn. It's all wrong," Niall's breathing picks up a little but Zayn quickly soothes him.

"I know, baby, I know. But it's five months until the 'wedding' and we can get you out of it. This will not happen, I won't allow it. Do you trust me?" Niall nods immediately, having needed no time to think about it.