n-i-n-e-t-e-e-n

̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶   ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ 

zm

The drive up to Zayn's family cottage is nice. It's quiet and calm, neither boy feeling the need to say anything before Zayn ended up falling asleep and staying that way for at least half of the two hour drive.

It's nice, though, for Zayn to simply be sat in silence with his boy. It's comfortable.

He imagines this weekend will be good for them, a good chance to get away from the stresses of their every day life and just spend some uninterrupted quality time together.

He's felt like Niall has been so far away, even when they're sitting side by side. Maybe they need these next couple of days to grow close again, to get rid of this weird distance they've been dealing with for a few weeks.

"We're here, love," Niall reaches over the centre console, the backs of his fingers lightly trailing down the side of Zayn's face as he wakes him up gently. Zayn's eyes flutter open and he blinks a few times as he looks around the car and out the window, before settling back on Niall's face. He gives him a sleepy smile, his brown eyes slipping closed momentarily before opening them again. He hums happily.

"Hi," He whispers, still so tired.

"Hi," Niall whispers back as he smiles softly, "We're here."

"That was fast," Zayn gets out, not quite moving just yet. He doesn't want Niall to let go of his face yet, it feels so nice to just be with him like this.

"That's what happens when you sleep the whole way, darling," Zayn smiles at Niall's words, nodding slowly before sitting up straight and letting out a yawn.

"That is very true," Niall chuckles, the two climbing out of the car. Zayn's movements aren't quite as precise as they usually are, but that's no surprise to Niall. He's generally pretty uncoordinated when he first wakes up. It's something Niall has always loved, how sloppy and sleepy Zayn is in the mornings - so much so that he would lose his head if it weren't attached to his neck.

Niall quickly opens the back seat of his car, grabbing at his bag and swinging it over his shoulder. He looks up to see Zayn stretching himself out on the other side of the car, yawning as he does so. He's just so cute when he's sleepy, Niall thinks he may never get enough of it.

Zayn finally opens the car door, looking back at Niall and sending him a cheeky grin as he grabs his own bag.

"Mega in love with you," Niall smiles so wide it nearly splits his cheeks open, his eyes lighting up at Zayn's words.

"Super mega in love with you," Zayn can't help the smile that threatens to break his cheeks, too - he's just so happy.

"Super massive mega in love with you," Niall rolls his eyes playfully, shutting the car door and walking around the boot to stand by Zayn, who shuts his door, too.

"Super massive humongous mega in love with you," This time it's Zayn who rolls his eyes, shaking his head as he reaches up to brush some of Niall's hair out of his face.

"Okay, you win," Niall grins triumphantly, moving his head up to kiss Zayn, who kisses back in kind. It's soft - tender and loving where usually it's heated and passionate. This time, though, it's just sweet, and it makes Zayn's toes curl in his shoes and his heart flutter about in his chest, "Let's get inside," He says when they finally separate, Niall pouting a little.