s-i-x

̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶   ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ 

nh

When Niall walks into class the next day, after reluctantly leaving Zayn right outside the door, the first thing he sees is the three boys from the gala - the three boys he most certainly does not want to see right now.

He rolls his eyes and ignores them, taking his seat at the front of the classroom. They're a few rows behind him, so he doesn't have to look at them throughout class.

He wonders if they know he's been forcefully engaged to the curly one. He sure seems like the leader of their little group, Harry does.

If he expects Niall to be a submissive to him, treat him like the leader or whatever, then he's got another thing coming his way. Niall refuses. The only person he's a submissive to is Zayn, and that's only in bed. Other than that, Niall is the one that leads. He's too independent to simply follow along. Zayn gets that, which is why they have the perfect dynamic in their relationship.

Their relationship, which is currently being threatened by that curly headed freak everyone suddenly expects him to marry.

But then there's a nagging voice in the back of his mind that tells him maybe he doesn't know. Maybe that Harry kid doesn't know what his parents have been planning. If that's the case, then he's as much in this as Niall is. Maybe he's going to be just as displeased as Niall is with this whole arrangement.

Perhaps he'll fight it as hard as Niall intends to.

Maybe, and this is a big maybe, they can protest this - both refuse to go through with it and fight them. If they team up, their families may have to listen. If they have two grooms that don't want to be wed, then there could be no wedding.

But of course there will be a wedding. His parents' wealth and resources are vast, the only way out of this, aside from death, is to run away. And even then they could track him down.

Deep down inside, he knows he may not be able to escape this. His parents control London, and they are desperate to control their son. Who knows how far they're willing to go to gain what they're so hungry for.

This is just their latest attempt at governing him, and Niall has never hated them more.

He can feel the gazes of the three boys burning into the back of their heads, and he really wonders if they know. But he can't think about that now, class has to begin.

***

"Those freaks are in all of my classes, Zed, get me the hell out of here," Niall pushes Zayn into a corner of the hallway as the students empty out into the courtyard and dining hall. Niall can see the three boys looking around, their gazes finally landing on him, so he switches spots with Zayn, spinning him around, so they're looking at his boyfriend instead of at him.

"The lads from the party? They're right over there," Zayn keeps his glances quick, Niall's fingers digging into the taller boy's upper arms.

"I know they're right over there, they've been staring at me all day," Niall practically hisses, "I can't take it, Z, I need out. They're everywhere!" He yells in a whisper, keeping his voice down so those around can't hear, but the desperation seeps through and Zayn knows just what to do.