Chapter 6: Real Fear

??? P.O.V (Point of View)

It happened a month ago.

I was sitting in the kitchen busy with my homework. Mom was cooking lunch with her headphones on. She was the type to sing and hum while cooking. She had a lovely voice that made it easier for me to calm down and do my homework. Being in the fifth grade was hard work and all!

"I'm home!" I hear my father call in a tired voice as he enters the house after taking his shoes off.

"Welcome home, dear!" Mother calls back. It always made me wonder how mom was able to hear everyone with her headphones still on...

Father came into the kitchen with a downcast expression. Mother saw and quickly hurried to his side and helped him to the chair. His body looked like it hurt.

"Dad?" I say in a worried voice.

"Nothing, kid. Just ran into a few dangerous people. Nothing big -" He suddenly started coughing ecstatically.

Mother, with a gloomy expression made her way to the medicine cabinet and handed few pills to father. He took them with a glass of water.

"I couldn't get a job today, either..." My father said with sad smile. His eyes looked hollow and the rings around were extremely dark.

"Its fine, honey. It'll work out somehow..." Mother tried to comfort him with her words.

"I'll make sure it works out somehow." My father had said in such a resolute voice it made me think he had had already found the solution.

I could never have known what he had meant with those words...

*

[And...? You know you're suppose to tell them the full story right?]

"Shut up, I know that already..."

I said as I looked at the man who was laying down in front of me. From his appearance, he must have been in his early forties. He was bald and dresses in a business suit, his beard already having grey patches and his eyes are wrinkled.

His legs and arms were tied to a chair while I put a muzzle in his mouth.

"Hirata Kamiyoto..." I started.

"You wanna know how the story ends?"

Mr. Kamiyoto shook his head from side to side as he looked at the knife in my hand.

[Stop asking and continue... I'm also interested in the story]

"I told you keep quiet. I've told you that story so many times already!" I yell at the voice.

[I love hearing stories like that, Master...]

"I know that. Let me first tell it to Mr. Kamiyoto here. You can listen as well." I try to reason with him.

[Your kindness knows no boundaries, Master.]

"I'll keep that it mind." I say and look back at Mr. Kamiyoto. His eyes are wide as if he was looking at a madman.

I can't see why.

"Did you say that you wanted to hear the rest of the story?" I ask as I move closer.

He immediately starts nodding up and down continuously as fast his head possibly could without breaking his fat neck.

"And the story continues!" I declare boldly in this badly lit room. We were currently in the basement.

"That night I woke up from my mothers voice and when I walked into my parent's room. When I walked inside I found my father stabbing my mother to death with this exact knife."

I show the knife to him.

"What made it worse was that he was crying along with my mother as he killed her. It was the worst thing I had ever seen in my life. It was the thing I feared the most.

I was still in fear of what was happening when I felt a tingling sensation in my eyes. That's when these 'eyes' were born." I use one of my hands to cover my right eye.

"My left eye allows me see what people's worst fears are." I then cover my left eye. "My right eye is able to give people the illusion that they are currently living their worst fear.

What makes it worse for my enemies is the fact that I can also decide how many times they see it if I use these eyes together."

"The ability, Limbo, was first used on my father when he tried to kill me after my mother. You know what was his worst fear?"

I stab his leg with knife. He starts writhing from the pain but he can't scream because of the muzzle.

"His worst fear..." Stab. "Was you and your men..." Stab. "Raiding our house..." Stab. "Torturing him." Stab. "Rape his wife." Stab. "My mother." Stab.

I move over to the other leg when I ran out of space on his thigh.

Stab. "Killing me." Stab. "His only child." Stab. "Then killing him in the end." Stab. Stab. Stab. Stab! Stab! Stab! STAB!

I take a few deep breaths and look at Mr. Kamiyoto. His thighs are bleeding like crazy and some blood spurts across my face causing me to jump back. His eyes are red from and so is the rest of his face.

[Hahaha! He looks just like a tomato!]

I also laugh a little. "He really does..."

"Now, to continue. I used the ability on my father which mentally broke him causing him to kill himself. Leaving me all alone."

[But you have me...]

"I decided to start visiting all the people that lead to my father making the choice no man ever should. Aren't you glad that I finished with you. The other 29 men weren't as fun to kill as you."

After seeing that his eyes are almost closed I decide to use Limbo on him in an infinite loop until he dies of blood loss or something.

"... Hahaha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!"

[Oi, Master, what's wrong?]

"I can't believe it! This is something to laugh at."

[I don't understand...]

I start making my way to the stairs and turn the lights off.

Mr. Hirata Kamiyoto's biggest fear was being left alone in a dark room while he was tied up.

*

"Hey, Fear?" I call out to him.

[Yes, Master?]

"Are there other people who posses The Eyes?"

[Is there a reason why Master is asking?]

I give a devious smile. If only I could see his eyes now.

But Fear doesn't have a definite form.

"Who else would I use these eyes on?"

[If Master's willing to have some fun then I, the Concept of Fear, am more than willing to oblige]