Chapter 19: Life

"Stop bullying Sachan, Shi - sama." A voice suddenly interrupted Death.

Sajin turned to the voice to see it was a little girl.

A floral dress that had multiple different types of flowers that looked beautiful as it went together. Her eyes were round big, glowing in red and blue colours while her hair was a golden brown with streaks of blonde and pink in between. Her hair was frizzy as if she had just woken up. Looking no older than ten.

Sajin had not idea who it was but her presence gave a fuzzy feeling on his skin. It was warm and it felt like he was being wrapped up in a layer of happiness. A feeling that was impossible to describe to someone unless they actually felt it.

Who was this girl?

"Was it necessary for you to show up now?" Death asked in a voice that bared the minimum amount of annoyance necessary for people to get the message but the girls smiled brightly nonetheless. She snapped her fingers and a chair appeared behind her and then she sat down.

"Don't be mean, Shi - sama. You know why I'm here." She started swinging her legs back and forth as she made herself comfortable in the chair and then looked at Sajin who had been quiet the entire time. Death was silent but made an audible 'grr' the entire time with her mouth.

"Are you alright, Sachan?" The little girl asked.

"Y-Yeah. Who are you?"

"Ohoho! Forgive my manners. I'm Shi - sama's sister. Nice to meet you, I'm Life."

"... Eh?" Sajin couldn't help it but as an otaku there was only one thought that came to mind as he saw. "You're a loli?"

"Just to clear things up." Death spoke while glaring at Life. "She's the older one between the two of us. Her loli - form is by default."

"I'm not a loli! It's just when people think of me they think of an innocent child, okay??" She huffed and then pouted while crossing her arms.

"Keep telling yourself that, loli." Death smirked as she continuously insulted her older sister.

The Concept of Death and The Concept of Life. Sajin must have either that best or the worst luck to meet the both of them.

Then a sudden thought came to him.

"Why am I here?"

"You're here because I'm interested in you. That's all." Death immediately answered as if she had been waiting for the question the whole time.

"You killed me because you were interested in me?"

"Why else would I have you killed before your time? You think that you're important or something?"

"No need to sound so irritated about it..." Sajin muttered.

"That's not the only reason." Life said. She had recovered mostly from the initial insults and was listening to the conversation now.

"What are you talking about?" Death asked.

"Another reason?"

Life looked at the both of them and then said, "Poison Ivy."

With that, Death suddenly blushed a shade of red. Sajin's eyes also widened in surprise after hearing the answer.

Poison Ivy was the name of the manga series he was writing.

"How do you know about that?" Sajin asked. It was a series he had been working hard to complete for Hanako to read. He had finish seventeen volumes and was working on the eighteenth.

"After Sue read it she let Shi-sama read it. Shi-sama spoke to me about the story. She loves it."

"Th-that's not true!" Death yelled, her had gone higher than before.

Just what Life had been hoping for.

"Okay, then. Then I guess its fine for Sajin and I to go now right, Shi-sama?" Life then stood up and went to stand in front of Death. With a bright smile she patted Death on her shoulder. "Well, we'll be going then. See ya, Shi-sama."

"W-wait..."

"Huh? What's that? I can't hear you Shi-sama."

Another audible 'grrr' that could be heard coming from Death. Life was pressing Death's buttons and she didn't like it.

"W-wait!" Death caved in. Her face completely red from shame she kept her eyes closed to avoid looking Sajin and her sister. Life had smug look on her face as she her sister in this state.

This is what you get for calling me loli... You fangirl.

Sajin also had his head down. Sue, Death and Life knew about his manga. It was going to be a surprise that had kept for Hanako bit it just doesn't feel right anymore. That made him feel bad.

"Sajin." Death said his name then cleared her throat, her face still being a shade of pink. "When are you... Finishing the series?"

Poison Ivy is a slice of life that focuses on a boy trying to ask a girl on a date but everything takes a turn for the worst when he meets a girl named Poison Ivy.

Sajin thought that this would be a good story to write and give to Hanako who is a full on otaku. Her favourite genre being slice of life.

Now he sees that other people also like his stories. Death is even getting embarrassed because of that. Is he being admired? The feeling was hard to describe but he knew that it wasn't a bad feeling.

"I'm planning to finish the series around volume 25 or 26. I haven't decided how long I'm making the last arc."

"I understand." Death said, a small smile appearing on her face.

"Just for interests sake," Sajin started. "Who's your favourite character?"

"Isn't it obvious? Poison Ivy is my favourite."

"I guess that makes sense." He answered, satisfied with her answer.

Life than made her way over Sajin. Bopping her head from side to side with each step she then arrived next to him. Putting her hand on his shoulder she then smiled at him.

"Ready to go? If you stay too long then you will remain dead."

"Just one more thing." Sajin said then looked at Death. "I need a favour."

Death's natural composure returned and then she looked at Sajin with a smirk. "I know."

*

"Ah!"

When Sajin opened his eyes again he found himself back in his room. Everything felt the same and nothing looked out of place. The sun's light was shining through the windows so he checked the time on the wall clock.

05:43.

It was still really early but he needed to get dressed. There was something that he needed to do. He turned to his left to see a familiar figure dressed in a black cloak with glowing green eyes. A scythe almost twice her length in height was in her right hand.

It was the beautiful Multiconcept, named Grimm Reaper. The one who had killed him just a few hours earlier.

"... Master..." She said. Her voice was soft.

"I'll get ready." Sajin said then made his way to the bathroom. His eyes glowed green for a moment as he left.