Chapter 17: Truthful Eyes(Sajin's Story pt. 2)

2 years ago...

Nexus High is said to be one of the most prestigious schools in the whole city. Boasting about it's large range of skills it teaches people and individualism it teaches children it had just finished another successful orientation of school. A lot of children had their hopes and dreams put into this school and they all felt like this was the school to become great leaders.

Sajin Hisato wasn't one of them.

Sighing as he sat down in the park bench of the school he watched as the other fifteen year old children make their way home.

They - including him - are the next first years that are expected to join. Some were moving in pairs, some had three in tow, some were in groups and others were a group of girls following a popular guy or the reverse. There were even a few kids that were trying to avoid them at all costs. Sajin felt apathetic towards all of it.

"Make sure that get a lot of friends, okay? Maybe that'll help with your doom and gloom personality."

Karin ordered him with a smile on her face as she sent him here.

He had been here the entire day and no one had even attempted talking to him. His personality made it hard for people to talk to him.

He didn't think it would be necessary but he has a feeling that Karin is going to chew his head for not even attempting to talk to anyone. How was he going to overcome this obstacle?

Human relationships are usually born from common ground. Similar interests, looks, behaviours, personalities and social status and the like. People like these are more likely to hold a better conversation for longer periods and it would always be entertaining to find out more about what each other knows as interests are shared.

The same can also be said for people with contrasting personalities. They need to have a willingness to learn about each others interests in order for them to gain common ground. That way the polarity is cleared out and diversity is born. It is not always the case, but the situation is better for building individuality and breeding unique qualities.

Which one was the best approach when meeting someone new?

These dilemmas were what Sajin was contemplating as he stared at the people leaving to go home. He played multiple scenarios in his head but none of them end well because they all involve him having the ability to hold a conversation. He disliked talking especially for long periods of time. He only did it when necessary and to avoid confusion.

"... Mm?" He turned to his left as he noticed a presence approaching him. Judging from the intensity of the look he had gotten this entire day meant that this was the same person. They finally decided to speak to him.

It was a girl.

Just from a rough estimate she appears to be around 164 centimetres in height. She had large hazel brown eyes. Her hair was let down and looked to be a dark shade of brown. The shirt she wore had a large picture of anime of some sorts and she wore a blue tight jeans accompanied with black pair of sneakers.

Sajin didn't know why, but he had visually memorized everything about her to the finest detail, including her movements.

"So you noticed me coming, huh?" She said flashing a bright smile at him. Sajin remained deadpan expressionless as he stared back at her.