Chapter 18: Death

When Sajin had opened his eyes again he was taken aback by the scene before him.

He was in the Happy Mornings! café.

Everything was the same as usual except for the fact that everyone else was frozen. Like a picture was taken and used in reality. It had immediately brought memories back to him about when he had met Sue but everything still had its natural colour.

On his left he could he could see a few customer's lively  communicating with each other and enjoying their meals. Sumiyuri could be seen frozen in a mid-run from how elevated her clothes were. Karin couldn't be seen anywhere.

"Where... Am I?" He asked. Hearing himself mutter the question made him feel like it was rhetorical because something had happened. What was it again? He wondered.

"Is you're memory a bit jumbled or something? It's obviously the café that onee-san of yours or have you forgotten about that too?" A voice spoke causing Sajin to look in front of himself.

On the opposite side of him sat a person dressed in black and white robes. The person had such an imposing figure that Sajin almost felt the need to remain silent and listen to what they have to say.

Sajin immediately knew that this was Death.

Death had an extremely beautiful face. Looking to be the same age as Karin her lips were coated in black and white lipstick. Her hair was long enough to cover both their shoulders. The one half of her hair was jet black and the other half as white as snow. Her sharp Eyes were both glowing grey and green in colour. Death's appearance looked like if Sue and Grimm Reaper were combined and then perfected.

Sitting with her legs crossed and her head resting on one fist as she started at Sajin. It looked like her eyes could draw him in. Appearance both audacious and mesmerizing.

"I know where I am..." Sajin started, purposely avoiding eye contact. "But seeing as you're Death I hadn't expected you to take me here..."

Hearing this Death laughed. It was boisterous and sounded so genuine that Sajin felt like he was being belittled by her. He didn't show it on his face but he grabbed the bridge of his nose. Why did he always meet these types of people?

"I apologize..." Death said clearing their throat. "You realize that you've died and the problem you have is the setting?"

"I just thought the readers might have expected something more... eerie or ominous."

Death laughed again.

"Do I look something that falls into stereotypes?"

"... I guess not."

Death brought her hands together and then air around them changed. It felt like if had taken a turn to become more serious.

"Now, let's get to why I brought you here."

"Wasn't it my time?"

"Not yet. You are in trouble though."

"For what exactly?"

"Don't play dumb with me." Death said and snapped her fingers. Memories flooded Sajin's head from when every time he had used the Black Hearts Perception. He immediately grabbed his head and shook it wildly so that he could focus again. The disorientation made him feel like he was going to fall over.

"You gained Black Hearts Perception from The Concept of Suicide. The amount of people that you used it on racks up close to fifty. I'm not a fan of getting involved like this but from the look on your face I can tell that you're clueless."