Chapter 10: Glowing yellow - eyed girl

Arriving at a café on 12th Avenue Sajin and Sue sat at the window side. One of the waitresses approached them and they both ordered. The waitress bowed and then left. Her face somewhat flushed after seeing Sue.

"You didn't explain to me what these memories mean." Said Sajin. He looked at Sue who was watching the people walk past the café with a far off gaze. It looked like she wasn't listening.

"Sue..." He called out to her.

"Master?" Sue looked back Sajin.

"You didn't explain to me what those memories mean." He repeated with a hint of irritation.

"What Master sees are the memories that were forgotten by these people. As you receive the host also remembers them. These memories are seen as their reasons for living."

"So memories symbolises reasons for living?"

"No, Master. It's precious memories that give people reasons for living."

"Precious memories, huh..." Sajin said as he thought about the memories that flashed through his head. They definitely looked like precious memories.

"The black veins in the heart are strong negative emotions that build over time. The heart is like a vessel. As soon as it reaches the breaking point people commit suicide. That's where Master comes in."

"With Black Hearts Perception?"

"Yes, Master. These negative emotions cause people to forget memories like these over time, making it easier for people to accept these negative emotions. Master makes them remember these precious memories causing these negative emotions to disperse."

"Won't that only help them for a while?"

"What does Master mean?" Sue tilted her head to the side in confusion.

"I mean in the sense that, as long as people continue living they will always know pain, so won't they feel or have suicidal thoughts again in their lives?"

"Yes, Master. Some of them would feel the need at some point in their lives again."

"Then why -"

"Let me as Master this. Why isn't Master committing suicide?"

"Because of Hanako." He answered immediately. "She is my reason for living."

"I see. Does that not mean Master has prepared for any kinds of despair as long as Hanako is there?"

"Huh..." Sajin immediately understood what Sue meant.

Death is a certainty that everyone has to accept. The only uncertainty is how people are going to die. Sajin and Sue aren't really saving anyone. What they are doing is prolonging the person's life and changing the method by which they die.

Sajin realised that they may have postponed the death of the person but it will eventually happen. All they need to do is save them for now. Their could even be a chance that the person will never commit suicide again, depending on how precious these memories are to them.

"But its becoming a bit of a problem lately..." Sue muttered.

"Hmm? What is?" Sajin asked as he took out a notebook from his pocket and began scribbling in notes with a pen.

Sue had seen him done this before. When he had gotten random ideas for his lightnovels or manga he would take out his book and jot it down. Seeing that made almost made her smile.

"I am referring to the recent cases of suicide Master. Five are about to happen in an hour or so."

Sajin looked up at her and stopped writing. "Can't we do anything about it?"