Chapter 21: Predictable

"Hey, Sajin?"

"What?"

"You know what suicide smells like?"

Sajin and Hanako were in his apartment after school. Exams were coming up and Hanako needed help not to fall behind in her subjects. The only ones she was good at was music and arts. Literature, maths and accounting were far out of her realm of expertise so Sajin was currently helping her.

Sajin stopped writing in his notebook and looked up Hanako. "Is there something you want to tell me?" He asked, observing her reaction.

Hanako just shrugged as she put the pen her mouth. She was lying on Sajin's bed while he was on the couch. Sajin wasn't even close to surprised when he saw how comfortable she made herself in his apartment.

"No reason in particular. Just making conversation. Why?"

"Last week you asked me what death smells like and now suicide." Sajin raised his eyebrow then looked over at Hanako again. "Is that some sort of fetish you have?"

Bam!

Hanako had fallen of the bed. "W-Wa-waaa?! Why would you even think that?!"

"I don't know." He shrugged his shoulders. "Idiots have weird habits and fetishes."

"I am seriously hurt that every time we have a conversation with each other you find a way for me to get insulted..." Hanako mumbled loud enough for Sajin to hear.