Third Point: Monster Siblings

Sumiyuri has a conversation with her older brother and sister

~~~

[Have you all ever wondered what happened when Sumiyuri was brought over to Happy Mornings! Café for the first time?]

Sumiyuri P.O.V.

"U-uhm… Sajin-san?" I called his name while tugging at his sleeve.

"What is it?" He turned his attention to me as we were walking.

It was dark out and I had been walking with Sajin through the city. He told me that there was a place that I could live by where I'd feel safe but I wasn't entirely sure if I should trust him. He did have a mean look on his face and his voice sounded like he didn't care much about anything.

He was cold. Too cold. And I was not referring to the weather.

"The girl with white hair," I said whilst looking around, "where is she?"

Ever since we left my old house I haven't seen her. She came a left, both in sudden moments.

"Her name is Sue," he said while looking ahead. "She went back to finishing her job."

"Her job?"

"Don't worry, it's not important."

"Uh… oh," was all I could muster as a reply. I didn't find the conversation all that boring and I wanted to continue the conversation a bit longer. Maybe I can learn a bit more about Sajin.

"She's really pretty, isn't she?" I was the one who thoughtlessly posed the question.

"Be careful, if you call her that then she'll call you a pervert," he replied and then laughed.

"Eh?" I was shocked by his reply. He was laughing so I assumed he was joking.

"But seriously speaking," he said after calming down. "Sue is generally misunderstood by people so the only thing they can say about her is how pretty she looks. A white lily."

"Then don't you think she's pretty?"

"You're misinterpreting what I'm saying, of course I think she's pretty."

"Then what are you saying? I don't understand," I said and emphasized it by scratching my hair. Does he not know that I'm an 11 year old child.

"I'm saying that I know she's pretty but that's not what I think of her," he said after pausing for a while.

"Then what do you think of her?" I asked.

"That's easy."

"… what is it?"

"I think of her as an idiot."

*

"What an adorable little girl!"

The woman who was standing in front me had her eyes sparkling as she checked to see if I was alright. Her hair was tied into a pony tail and she wore a tracksuit. She had introduced herself to me as Karin Yamamoto, Sajin's older sister.

"Th-thanks…," I found myself stuttering in front of the cute woman. Her compliment had made me bashful and caused me to grip the helms of my dress in an awkward manner. I can't remember the last time I had been this nervous.

"Hey," Sajin said as he grabbed Karin's shoulder. "Don't scare the kid."

"I know, I know," she said as her deflated like balloons. Her demeanour also started to change as she took the situation more seriously.