Chapter 13: Nightmare explained

A month has past since the encounter between Sajin and Sumiyuri.

It has been a quiet month of continuously saving people but a few changes have been happening to Sajin.

"Does this really have to be happening..." He muttered as he looked at himself on the selfie camera on his smartphone.

His appearance - mostly his hair - has changed. It went from raven black to ashy gray. The tips of hair was snow white.

He also became able to turn the eyes on and off. He also discovered that he could use Black Hearts Perception just by looking into a person's eyes and it would still work.

"Master's body is adjusting to the continuous use of The Eyes." Spoke Sue. She was sitting across him with a cup off coffee in her hand.

They were both sitting at Happy Mornings! enjoying lunch. Sajin had decided that he was going to take this day off. For a usual shut-in like him to be outside for so long was starting to throw him off balance. He first needed to check on someone before heading home again.

"I'm so happy right now, though..." Sajin said as he began scarfing down his bowl of ramen noodles.

That was the reason Sajin was happy. He was able to eat a decent meal even after looking at the beating hearts. His stomach had adjusted to it.

"Sumiyuri!" Sajin called.

Almost tripping after herself. A young girl in a maid outfit was rushing towards their table. This was Sumiyuri Dakota. She had also changed over time.

Her skin had become tanned and her hair was tied into a ponytail. Her bangs were straightened out instead of it still being slanted. Her big round eyes were calm shade of blue instead of the glowing yellow. She looked much more like a happier person now.

"Nii-chan! Can I get anything?" She asked in an excited manner.

"I want another bowl of ramen and Sue wants another cup of coffee." He replied as he downed the last soup in his bowl.

"Okay!" She said then sped off to the kitchen.

"Master..."

"What is it, Sue?"

"Master never told me why Master had saved her."

Sajin sat back in his chair and started to look out of the window. He took his orange juice and began drinking it as he began explaining.

"When I was fourteen I killed my father."

"..."

"A lot of things happened that lead me too that point but I don't want to go back to that point in my life. My mother and sister disowned me so I left my home and came to this city."

"Was there a particular reason you chose this city?"

"No, I did it purely on a whim. I actually came to this place because I had wanted to die somewhere here."

"Then I met Ms Karin. She was the one that had looked after me and gave me a job. When my life had become stable was when I  had met Hanako. She was the reason I stopped being suicidal. I'll do anything for her."

"..."

"What I'm getting to is the fact that I had people to help me. People saved me from dying. So why can't I do it when I see someone with the same eyes. The same eyes Hanako had when she jumped..."

"... I see..." Sue, seemingly satisfied with the answer. "But there are a few things the readers won't understand."

"Isn't that because the book is written in the third person so they won't always understand what the person is thinking?"