Chapter 15: Sajin is Dead

It is the middle of the night. The skies were clouded and the moisture in the air was so thick that it might rain at any moment. It was a half moon and even smaller part of it was exposed to the ground below. There where it shun, stood a figure.

Standing atop a certain apartment complex was figure in a cloak. What stood out the most about this figure was the weapon in her hand.

It was a scythe.

Almost twice the size of the figure's body in length and the blade forming a crescent shape. The blade glinted in a part of the moonlight. The figure was peering over the entire area.

"So you have decided to show yourself, nee - san?" A voice spoke to the figure. It was Sue, the girl with snow white hair that fell upon her shoulders. She stood formally in front of the figure and had a vacant smile on her face. Anyone looking would realise that the looks they were giving each other were not filled with animosity.

As inhumane things, as concepts, the looks they were giving were apathetic.

"..." The figure did not reply as she got into a battle stance, swinging her scythe so elegantly with just one arm.

"... I see. Then I shall not hold back. Even against you, Grimm Reaper." Sue said and then took out both her katanas and went into a stance.

In that moment the sky began to fall.

When the first drop of rain hit the ground they both disappeared.

Clang!

Their blades clashed a second later. Keeping each other in a deadlock they peered into each other's eyes. Sue with glowing grey eyes and Grimm with glowing green eyes.

"Why are you after him?"

"He's time... is up..." Grimm replied before jumping back to keep distance.

The opening that Sue was looking for.

Throwing one of her katanas at Grimm it spun at an incredible speed. Looking almost like it was cutting through the drops of rain Grimm made a large arc with her scythe and swung the rotating blade out of the way.

"Interesting. To deliberately fall for a trap." Sue said as she appeared right in front of Grimm with her second blade in full swing for a diagonal slash.

"... Cheap tricks..." Grimm muttered as she parried away the sword using her hand. Sue, because of a moment of surprise was blown back with an open palm to her stomach causing her to fly backwards. She spun in the air  and then landed on her feet sliding backwards for a meter before stopping.

Grimm, who's hood had slid off snapped her fingers and her scythe had reappeared in her hand.

Glowing green eyes.

She was an extraordinary beautiful girl. Long, jet black hair that that was braided at the end that almost reached all the way to her hips. Her skin was tanned and there was jewelry on the bangs of her hair.

These two were both extremely beautiful girls that most likely had no peers in the entire world.

"You parried away my blade by pushing the palm of your hand on the flat side of the sword. Impressive."

"... And?"

"What do you mean "And?"? If you were even a millisecond off I could have sliced of your fingers."

"... Your not..." Grimm suddenly appeared in front of Sue. "... That strong!" Grimm sliced downwards, cutting even through air. As if it was a reflex Sue quickly reacted with the sword in hand and blocked the strike. Sue was honestly surprised at how quickly Grimm was able to move. She hadn't even seen her move.

Then Sue suddenly smiled. "I'm sorry for holding back."

She snapped her fingers and her fallen sword reappeared in her hand. Grimm noticed and reacted accordingly by shoving Sue away and then took some distance.

When they both landed they launched at each other again. Blades continuously clashing as sparks are seen lighting up the roof. The rain has gotten heavier and was busy drown out the sound but every time their blades clashed the pressure from the blows pushed even the rain away from them.

After a few minutes of continuously blocking and Sue suddenly backed off and stood at the edge of the building. She was panting heavily and her kimono had cuts all over. Soaking in water she looked over at Grimm Reaper who was still standing in a fighting stance. Her cloak was also covered in cuts and soaked in water but she didn't look tired at all. She might even be able to fight all night without so much as breaking a sweat.

Sue still continued to smile.

"I guess the difference in abilities is wider than expected, nee - san!" Sue spoke louder than usual. "I should say as expected of Death's favourite, no?"

"... Stand down, The Concept of Suicide..." Grimm continued to speak softly but Sue had heard her clearly.

"My name is Sue." She said then gripped her swords tighter.

"... I see..." Grimm replied and glanced at the ground with a disappointed look on her face. Then...

... She smiled.

"Ack!" Sue was kicked in the stomach with a force comparable to being hit by a missile. Sue, bearing the entire force flew at an incredible speed through the air for just a second before she landed on an open road with a booming force. Twelve stories down.

Grimm stood on the edge of the roof with a vacant look again. The force of the kick was so hard the rain had lagged for a few seconds before continuing. She checked to see if Sue was going to come back but after a few minutes nothing happened.

"... Farewell, sister - Ah!" She suddenly gasped. Then looking down at her chest she saw that there was a sword poking out of it. She had been stabbed.

She turned around to see Sue, unharmed, piercing her with one of her katanas. Afterwards, she had done the same with the second katana.

Grimm Reaper coughed and saw that there was blood. She never knew that she could bleed.

She then glanced over at Sue. "... The first one... Was a clone?"

"Yes." Sue answered. "I needed underhanded tactics if I was going to be able to beat nee - san."

Grimm smiled at her. "... Good. But you... Still... Lose."

Sue looked at her with a worried expression. "What do you mean I lose? You think I cannot kill you?"

Then Grimm did an uncharacteristic laugh. It reminded Sue of Death.

"I... Can also... Make a clone..." Grimm said and then jumped. When Sue looked at Grimm over the edge of the building she saw the body disperse into dust.

"..." Sue then banged her fists on the ground, causing it to crack a bit.

No, no, no...

She then began running as fast as she could back to the apartment.

*

He wasn't there.

Sajin wasn't in his apartment. He wasn't in his bed. He wasn't in the building. He wasn't in the city. He wasn't even in the world of the living.

For the first time in her entire existence, She felt like she actually lost. She was frustrated at being so careless. Of course Death would notice what she's been doing.

Staying silent for a while she began thinking on what she should be doing from here on.

"---!"

An idea suddenly flashed in her head.

Then she thought back to what her sister had told her and smiled.

"I haven't lost. I just haven't won yet." She said and then disappeared.