Chapter 1

MYMY POV
I woke up to the sound of my alarm going off. It was 7:00 and I had to wake up my little brother for school. He's in the 7th grade and depends on me to do everything.

"Cedrick" I yelled while knocking on his room door. I knocked for a good 2 minutes before I just decided to go in. This boy don't ever like to wake up. I rolled my eyes before snatching the cover off of him. He jumped up fast.

"Boy get yo ass up, you gone be late for school. You already done missed 2 days", I yelled .

He tried to roll back over and go back to sleep. "Get up you know I don't play that shit. I ironed your clothes already and made breakfast for you."

I've basically been his mother figure these past two years since our dad died. My mom is still around but she's been really depressed. Now my little sister and brother only have me. I don't understand how my mom could forget about us but it is what it is.

I went into my sister Aaliyah's room but she wasn't in there. I guess she already went to school. Ever since my mom stopped caring she started wilding. She started hanging out with the wrong crowd, fighting and not caring about school. She only 15 and be trying to talk to these grown ass niggas. I love her but I can't try to help her anymore. I just hope she don't bring a baby home.

I went back to my room to take a quick shower before school. I put on my lit YouTube playlist and hopped in the shower for about twenty minutes. When I got out I lotioned myself down and wrapped a towel around me. I brushed my teeth, put my hair in a bun and did my makeup. I was going for a natural look.

I went into my closet and picked out my outfit. Today I decided to look cute but simple. I had a couple of cute outfits that I bought. I threw on a black crop top, blue jeans and my black platforms. I grabbed my belly chain and white choker.

I never really had expensive things, but I always knew how to make myself look good

I never really had expensive things, but I always knew how to make myself look good. I looked in the mirror and was like yassss bitch you looking good as fuck. I left out and called Ced.

"Ced you ready? Come take my picture before we leave." He ran out of the kitchen with syrup on his face. I grabbed a napkin and wiped it off. He pulled away from me. "Mymy stop." Mymy is my nickname but very few people call me it. "You always want to act like my mama." "Boy shut up and come take my pictures so we can go." I took a couple pictures and headed for the door.

"Bye mom, I love you." I said to my mama as we left out. She was sitting in the living room watching jerry springer. I didn't get a response just like every other day. That hurt, a lot actually. I wanted to cry so bad but I had to be strong for my siblings. Right now wasn't the time. Ced just couldn't see me cry.

I don't know how my mom got this bad. When dad first died sure she spaced out time from time but she made sure we were always fed and taken care of. As time went by it's like she was drained of life. It hurt seeing my loving caring mother turn into what she is now.

I grabbed my key and locked the door to our small, but nice house. I think it's nice even though others may disagree. It was the only thing I could afford so I liked it. We didn't have the best but we definitely didn't have the worst. I made sure we had something.

I had to walk Cedrick to his bus stop on the next street

I had to walk Cedrick to his bus stop on the next street. He went to R.J. Carey middle school and I went to Carter high school. As soon as we got to the bus stop his bus was pulling up.

"I love you kid, be safe. Remember to come straight home after-school."

"I know MyMy, come straight home and don't talk to strangers. I get it you tell me this everyday."

"Boy be quiet, don't play with me."

I hugged my little brother and handed him 5 dollars before he got on the bus. It wasn't much but I knew he appreciated it. One day I'm going to be able to give him anything he ever wanted. I promised myself that. I owed him that. It was my job as the oldest. I couldn't let my family go without.

I waited for his bus to pull off before I started walking back home. I got into my beat up Honda. It was a 2003 and it was all I could afford. It was reliable and got me to where I needed to be.

I pulled off and made my way towards school. This was my last year and I knew my hard work was going to finally pay off. I planned on taking a year off to get my money right before college. I contemplated doing online school so I could spend time with my family.  I was going to get my degree in entrepreneurship, to run my own beauty shop. Nothing was going to get in my way.

PLEASE vote, comment and share. Thanks