Chapter 13

DEUCE POV

I pulled up to the restaurant and we both got out. I saw somebody walking by and waved for them to come over.

"Aye bro can you take our picture real quick?" I gave him my phone and told Angela to pose. We took about 5 pictures but I liked the last one the best.

I went to my contacts and saved this picture by Angela's name

I went to my contacts and saved this picture by Angela's name. I put my phone in my pocket and started walking with Angela next to me. "Thank you for bringing me here. Its beautiful." "No problem. When you with me expect only the best."

We walked into the restaurant and I told them a reservation for 2. They asked my name and i told them Davon. They escorted us to our table and I said thank you. I pulled out Angela's chair for her and then took my seat.

"Davon... I didn't know that was your name. Its cute. I like that." She said. "Yeah that's my name but only a few people call me that. I prefer Deuce though." I really didn't like people knowing my real name. It was too dangerous. In this lifestyle the less people knew of you the better.

A waitress came by with 2 menus and introduced herself. "Hey, my name is Kylie. I'm going to be your waitress for tonight. Can i get yall anything to drink?" I nodded for Angela to go first.

"I'll take a water." She replied. "Make that two." I said after her. I wasn't much of a drinker. I didn't like the way it made me act.

The waiter nodded okay, and told us she'd be back to take our orders. Thank you, we both said and she walked away. I got a notification and I pulled my phone out my pocket. It was a message from Rico.

Rico: Aye wyd bro. We had a lil situation at the spot but don't worry I got that shit taken care of. Just wanted to let you know

Me: Nigga what situation? Somebody playing with my money or something?

Rico: Nigga I said I took care of it. Besides this phone shit hot. The feds could be watching. I'll tell u when u get here

Me: Ight

I put my phone back in my pocket and looked at Angela. She asked me was everything good and I said yeah. She said alright and started looking at the menu again.

"You know what you want shawty?" I asked while looking at the menu. She looked up "yeah, I think I want the lobster." "That's it? You know you can have anything on the menu. It's on me." I said.

"Yeah I know, I'm just trying to watch my figure? That's all." I laughed. I ain't understand females always tryna be a certain shape and shit. Yeah it was gone impress niggas like me but I didn't get it.