Chapter 14

DEUCE POV

I just pulled up to my lil brother Cj's house. Today I was gone take that lil nigga out somewhere. It was the weekend which meant I got to spend all day with him. I be busy during the week days and he be at school so I made sure on weekends I fucked with him.

I called his phone and he wasn't answering. I told him about that. No matter what always answer the phone for me. That's the reason I bought him one. Now I was gone have to get out the car and get this lil nigga.

I got out the car and locked it. I walked to the front door and knocked on it. Cj's mama opened the door and let me in.

"Hey how you been Ms.Wanda." I asked while hugging her. We didn't talk that often, only when it was concerning Cj. I guess she had something against my dad and took it out on me. I could care less as long as I got to see my brother.

"I been good. Can't complain." I nodded my head. "Well I came for Cj, is he here?" "Yeah he back there in his room." I walked to his room and opened the door.

He was sleep so I couldn't even be mad at him for not answering the phone. I walked over to his bed and he jumped up. He looked shocked for a minute until he realized it was me.

"Von!!!!" He yelled in excitement. "Chill out lil bro." I said while laughing. "Aye put on yo shoes, let's go. We bout to go have some fun."

He pulled the cover all the way off him and went into his closet. I got out the room to let him change his clothes and shit. I bumped into Ms.Wanda on the way out.

"My fault." "Oh you good. Can you come into the living room for a second. I need to talk to you." She sounded serious. I followed her into the living room and she nodded for me to take a seat.

"So I know you his big brother and all but I don't need him thinking it's okay to be like you. I don't want my son being around drugs and shit." I was surprised. Where was she coming from?

"What?" I asked. I looked at her like she was stupid. "Where you coming from." I started to become angry. I would never introduce no shit like this to my brother.

"I saw yo daddy do it, now you doing it. It's only gone land you in two places. Dead or in jail. Yo daddy dead. I don't need that for my boy. This his last year in middle school. He trying to figure himself out and I don't want him thinking this the way."

Shit. I couldn't even front like I ain't understand where she was coming from. If I'm being honest this not the way. I wish I wouldn't have went into this lifestyle. I had to get it how I live. It's either eat or starve and I chose to eat.

"I understand. I would never put my brother in this lifestyle. I know it's not right but I have to do what I have to do. I respect what you saying though. I'm listening."

"Okay. You're hearing me, but are you listening? The first moment he get introduced to that life it's done. It'll be the last time you see him." She wasn't joking around with me but I don't know why she was going so hard. I loved my brother too much to put him in harms way.

"Yes mam." Cj came out his room and I stood up. "You ready?" "Yeah, bye mama I love you." He gave his mama a hug and kiss before leaving out the front door. Bye was all I said. She rolled her eyes and said it back.