Chapter 7

MYMY POV

It's Monday morning and I'm thinking about just staying home today and handling some business. I rarely ever missed school so when I did I made sure to do something productive.

I woke Ced up for school and started on breakfast. I made waffles, eggs, grits and biscuits. It was our favorite. I poured us both a glass of apple juice and put our plates on the table. I waited for him to come so we could eat.

"So I'm going to stay home today and take care of a few things. Do you want to ride the bus today or do I need to take you?" I knew he was getting older and I wanted to let him make some decisions on his own.

We agreed on him riding the bus. I wondered did he have any friends or did he have a crush on some little girl. Does he even like girls? I never even thought about that. I never hear him talking about girls. Either way I was going to love and support him regardless.

I saw Aaliyah walking by and snapped out of my thoughts. I hadn't seen her in two days and this shit was really starting to irritate me.

"Aaliyah where the fuck you been? You not grown you only 15 thinking you can just leave when you want to. You running the streets trying to be a hoe. You was not raised like that" I snapped. I didn't mean to, but I couldn't take this shit much longer.

"I WASN'T RAISED!" Ouch. I couldn't believe she said that. "Really A? That's how you feel? I'm trying my fucking best to raise you and Ced. You know shit is hard on me. I'm 18 years old taking on responsibilities that's not mines. You don't appreciate shit. You ungrateful bitch" now she really pissed me off.

"No you don't get it. I never had the perfect family. While y'all were enjoying y'all dad mines wasn't here. And don't act like mama didn't treat me like shit because I didn't have the same dad as y'all. Now get the fuck out my face with that bullshit. Don't tell me shit about being ungrateful."

I never knew she felt that way. I thought she didn't care about us having different dads. My mama and dad took a short break and mama got pregnant with Aaliyah. After that they got back together and had Ced. It was something we just kinda never spoke of.

"I'll be back after school today to get my shit. You don't gotta worry about this ungrateful bitch anymore. I'm gone." She left out the door and I didn't even try to stop her.

I understand she was mad at mama but I didn't do anything to her. I love her, but I couldn't keep trying. She already made her mind up on how she felt and it was no changing it. Maybe one day she'd come around and realize I'm not against her. I hate the way she moving though. She gone end up pregnant or dead.

Ced and I finished up our breakfast and left out the door. I didn't even bother speaking to mama. I was just tired. Everything she neglected I had to do. She should be my shoulder to lean on and she's not. I would never agree with the decisions she made but I understood.

I drove Ced to the bus stop and waited for his bus to arrive. He got on the bus and it drove off. I sat in the car in deep thought. I burst out in tears. I couldn't handle this stress anymore. I wanted so badly to live a normal life. I wanted to do what normal teenagers did.

I looked in my rear view mirror and wiped my tears. I had to suck that shit up. It's my life and I gotta deal with it. I didn't need sympathy from nobody, not even myself. I just had to do what I had to do.

I drove off and headed towards the grocery store. I needed to go grocery shopping. I always had a list of things I needed so I don't get extra stuff.

30 minutes later

I finally made it to the store. It was traffic on I75 so it took me 20 extra minutes. I was already exhausted by the time I made it. I only planned on going in for a few items and leaving out. I didn't want to take too long.

I walked in and grabbed a basket. I drove around the store checking off items on the list. Lastly I made it to the cereal. I reached for a box of fruity pebbles and someone bumped into me. Before looking to see who it was I started cursing,

"Damn excuse you... acting like I'm not fucking standing here." I looked over and saw it was Deuce. My heart dropped.

PLEASE vote, comment and share. Thanks

(Author's Note: I know this chapter is short and I apologize. I just needed to get a chapter out there. Next chapter will be up very soon so be ready for an update.)