Chapter 20

DEUCE POV

"I wrote this as tribute to my mama. Now that I'm here, I can't even read from this paper. It's important I speak what comes to my mind. My raw emotions, because my mama deserve that."

My voice cracked a little but I had to keep going. It was a lot of people in attendance and I didn't want to let mama down, I felt like I did that enough in life.

"Man where do I begin. I just want to say Rico and I been friends since before we can remember. My mama and his mama was best friends, partners in crime. From a young age we knew what it was to be brothers. They made sure of that. When I lost my birth mama she was there. She stepped up and took care of me. She treated me as her own, shit sometimes Rico even swore she treated me better."

Rico squeezed my hand a little and we both managed to smile through the tears.

"Man say this been the hardest shit I done ever had to deal with in my whole life. You never imagine losing someone this close to you. I feel like my whole world has been completely torn apart. I can never get over this. People can sit up here and judge me and talk about what I do and how I do it, but fuck all of that. My mama didn't care she loved me regardless and that's all that mattered."

I turned around and faced towards my mama casket. I still couldn't believe it. I was still in shock. I paused for a second, but knew I had to keep going, for her.

"Mama you hurt me with this one. Real shit. I will never forget you. Ever. I swear when you left you took my heart with you. A nigga will never be the same. I love you mama."

Rico leaned over and whispered into my ear. "Nigga you know she'd whoop yo ass all this cussing you doing." We both laughed and I shook my head.

"I know brother... I know." I ain't even gone lie I wish she was here to whoop my ass just one more time. We finished the service, and then took her to her burial site. It hurt me to think that this was the last time I was going to see her.

After all the bad shit I done did it's no way god gone forgive me. She wanted me to turn my life around though, and that's what I'm gone try to do. I'm going to start going to church and being the man my mama wanted me to be.

She always told me it was never too late to get right and I really believed her. I owed it to her to get right.

I felt someone grab my hand and I looked over to see Angela. I must've been deep In thought because I looked around and almost everyone had left.

"Baby come on. It's time to go. You will see her again." I shook my head and started to walk off. This last week Angela has been by my side every step of the way. It's not a moment she hadn't been right here and I appreciated her.

She showed me she was a down female and it was only right I made her mine. Yeah, yo boy was finally a taken man. To be honest I ain't even feel like dealing with all them females anyway. I needed somebody by my side right now. A distraction.

Angela wasn't a distraction though, I actually fucked with shawty. We drove home in silence, but it was comfortable. I really didn't even have words to say, I just lost my mama. I didn't know what else to say. What was there to say?

———————————————————————————
MYMY POV

I wrapped the bandages around Chris' stomach and then helped him put on his shirt. It had been almost a week since he'd got shot and I was just happy he made it.

We still don't know why or who did it, but the detectives have been working hard to find out. I'm not sure if it's something Chris knew and just wasn't telling me but I didn't question him.

All that mattered was he was alive and getting well. I couldn't raise this baby without him. I didn't want to.

I heard today was Deuce's mama's funeral, but I didn't bother attending, not after the way he treated me. Besides, today was also Chris' first doctor visit since being released from the hospital and he came first. We wasn't gone miss his appointment.

Chris is so independent so it's kind of hard for me to take care of him because he won't let me. Every time I try to fix him food or something he gets mad and want to do it him self.

He's just so used to spoiling me, that he doesn't like when it's the other way around. I remind him that this is why I'm here and this is what I'm supposed to do.

I sat down thinking to myself. For most of my life I've been taking care of others. I mean as the oldest I felt like I had to, but I didn't want to.

When I started fucking with Chris he showed me what it felt like to finally be the one getting taken care of. The fact that he couldn't do that right now is what was really bothering him.

"Chris" I said in a soft tone. I didn't want to talk too loud and scare him. He could've jumped and opened his wound or anything. When it came to him I was very cautious and considerate because I didn't want to lose him.

"I'm so happy you're home baby. I couldn't imagine life without you." I told him. I got up and stood behind him and hugged him.

We stood there for about 5 minutes with my head resting on his shoulders until I heard sniffling. I let go and tried to turn facing towards him. He turned again and it became clear he didn't want me to see his face.

"It's okay baby. We're going to get through this together. Me, you and our baby."

I put his hands on my stomach and he started rubbing it.

"This. This is our reason to live. So let's protect it." I told him. I was hoping he'd find comfort in me talking and he seemed to be calming down a lot.

"Come on we don't want to be late for your doctors appointment." We both walked out to the car and I helped Chris get in, before going around to the drivers side and getting in. I didn't like driving that much but I had no other choice.

I leaned over giving Chris a kiss, and starting up the car. I just wanted him to feel as comfortable as possible and I knew he liked when I kissed him. While driving I reached over and touched his dick with one hand.

"When we get back this mines. You don't even gotta do shit just sit there." I laughed a little listening to myself. It sound like I was going to rape him. I just missed getting dicked down.

The last time we fucked was the day of the accident. He fucked the shit out of me, and now I want more. I tried playing with myself but it just wasn't the same. I needed to feel the real thing. His thing, inside of me.

We finally made it to the doctors office and checked in. Nothing out of the ordinary happened. They checked the wound, prescribed more medicine and we left.

We drove back home and I did what I said I would. It wasn't as easy as I expected, but I got my nut in. We didn't have anything to do, so we watched Netflix until we fell asleep.
———————————————————————————

(AUTHOR'S NOTE)

This chapter sucks! It's my least favorite chapter out of the whole book and I apologize for not putting the time and effort into this chapter as I have every other chapter. This isn't my best work and I apologize, I just wanted to put something out there because I couldn't leave y'all hanging. Next chapter I'm coming back harder. Also, I have more time on my hands now, so when would y'all like me to update? How many times a week?