Chapter 15

MYMY POV

"Ced you need to get up. It's time for school. Today's going to be a good day alright?" School was out for break but Ced was apart of this mentor program at school.

They didn't stay at the school all day, and it would only be for this week because it was already Christmas break. I figured it would be good for him to be in the program. He didn't really have a father figure and maybe one of the men could teach him things I couldn't.

Today was Friday and he told me Cj had been ignoring him all week. I tried talking to Cj's mother but it was no use. She was just being a ignorant bitch. It was clear she didn't want Cj around Ced anymore.

It was also clear that Cj didn't want to be around him either. I guess he was scared of what his people may have thought. Especially Deuce. At first I was confused on how he knew Cj until Ced told me that was his brother.

If I had know that from the jump I wouldn't have let them be friends. I didn't trust Deuce with my little brother. I didn't hate him, but what he did for a living. I never wanted my brother to be in that lifestyle.

It's bad enough my little sister out here running these streets. I haven't heard from her since we had that little fight. I hated that. I wondered how was she. I kinda missed her. When she was around it wasn't always bad moments.

I needed to go find her. That was my sister. My little sister at that. She may not think my dad loved her but he did. I just know he would've been disappointed. Not so much in me, but in mom. She just gave up. On life.

I went into the kitchen and prepared breakfast for us. I invited Chris over too because I wanted to see him. I didn't see him all week. We were probably going to chill at the house.

Nothing major. I didn't have anything planned, but who knows what he wants to do. I heard the doorbell ring and I yelled come in. He came  into the kitchen and gave me a hug.

"Good morning beautiful." "Good morning handsome." He dapped Ced up and I smiled. I loved the fact that they really liked eachother. If a dude wanted to be with me he was gone have to accept everything that come with me, including Ced. We sat and ate. I made eggs, grits, sausage and biscuits. I poured everyone a cup of apple juice also.

Once we were done we all went to Chris's car. I started taking Ced to school instead of letting him catch the bus. I just wanted him to be comfortable and protected. I didn't like seeing him hurt.

Chris offered us to ride in his car today. I didn't feel like driving anyway so I said yes. We got into the car and drove to the middle school. I reached in my purse and took out 10 dollars. I reached in the backseat and handed it to Ced.

"Here. Get you some snacks or something. I know you don't like the cafeteria food." He nodded and took the money. He started looking out the window again. We pulled up to the school and he seemed kind of hesitant to get out.

"Ced don't let no nigga punk you. It's already hard on you considering the fact that you not as big as everybody else, don't let nobody else punk you because of shit you can't control. Fuck what anybody got to say. If anybody say anything hit them. Straight up. Tell them yo big sister told you to."

"Bet." He got out the car and waved bye to me. I mouthed I love you through the window and he said it back. I waited until he got into the building.