Chapter Nine

"Hi.. I'm um.. Looking for Billie Joe Armstrong?" I spoke nervously over the phone with Green Days record label, the only way I could even begin to search for him.

"And?" The man on the other end of the line sounded amused.

"I just need to talk to him okay?"

"Hahahahahahahahahaha." The bitter sound of hysterical laughter filled my ear before a click ended the call.

"Dammit!!" I screamed looking around my bedroom for something to throw in frustration. Cell phone? No can't break that, picture of me and my parents? That wouldn't be fair it's not their fault.. Suitcase? No.. Wait, YES.

I ran over to my closet and pulled out a large black suitcase. Quickly I began filling it with all of my belongings clothes, shoes, toothbrush, shampoo, prenatal vitamins.

"What are you doing?" My sister Kaitlyn stopped in front of the door.

"I have to go somewhere." I didn't want to give her to much information.

"Where do you have to go with a suitcase that big?" She was asking questions that she already knew the answers to.

I nudged her aside as I walked out of my bedroom and down the stairs my suitcase rolling behind me. "I'll be back, I promise." I looked at her with sad eyes, squeezing her into a tight hug.

"But.. What do I tell mom and dad? You just came back and now.. Now you're leaving again." She stuttered.

"You just tell them I'm sorry but I have to find the father of this child." I left closing the front door slowly behind me.

The car my parents had gotten me years ago sat in the drive way collecting dust. I threw what I had on the seat next to me and drove away, looking back in the rearview mirror I silently said goodbye to the big house with the white picket fence..

Later that day:

"You're eighteen weeks today." The doctor smiled at me as she ran the ultrasound machine wand over my stomach.

I smiled back hesitantly.

"Do you want to know the gender?" She asked never taking her focus off of the screen.

"Oh.. I'm not sure." The truth was I didn't want to know the gender because that's when it became real. I hadn't thought much about whether the baby was a girl or a boy, maybe I just didn't care.

She laughed. "That's okay we can keep it a surprise. The good news is you have a very healthy baby."

"Actually." I began. "I think I want to know." I bit the corner of my lip nervously.

"Are you sure?" She asked trying to get a good view of it's private parts.

I nodded.

"Okay then, you're having a baby boy congratulations."

"Oh my god." I choked out laughing. "A boy." I whispered to myself.

After cleaning the goo off of my stomach and paying for my visit I informed the doctor I wouldn't be In for another appointment for a while. I got back into my car and placed my hand on the growing belly below me.

"Okay little guy, next stop Oakland."