29 - Coming Undone

"Marshall!" Chelsea stared at me after opening the apartment door.

"Can I come in?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"Of course! Sorry," she said, stepping back. "I didn't know you were coming."

Grabbing her face I slammed my lips on hers. After her story revelations, I'd spent the six-hour flight feeling like I'd lost her. I desperately needed to know she was still mine. When I finally drew back, we both gasped for breath. It wasn't enough.

Pulling her to the bedroom I started yanking off her clothes.

"Marshall! What the hell?" she said, shoving me back.

"What?" I paused, licking my lips.

"You show up out of the blue and rip my clothes off?"

I moved closer. "Ya got a problem with me takin' what's mine?"

She stared at me.

I kissed her and continued removing clothes. Lowering my mouth to her neck I sucked hard, intent on marking her.

"No!" she pushed me back again. "No marks where people can see!"

"Real tired of you pushing me away," I growled.

Spinning Chelsea around, I bent her over the bed. She swore and struggled to get up as I held her down.

"What the fuck!" she yelled. "Let me up!"

Keeping her pressed to the mattress I ran my other hand between her legs. Wet. Always wet for me. I undid my belt and dropped my jeans and boxers.

"You want this dick," I said. "Don't worry baby, Imma give it to you."

Lining myself up, I rammed all the way into her. Chelsea moaned and stopped struggling. I pounded into her over and over, memorizing exactly how she felt wrapped around me.

Chelsea gasped as she came and I closed my eyes, feeling her pussy clamp down all around my dick.

When her pulsing stopped, I pulled out and turned her onto her back. Crawling over her, I slid back in and started to thrust slowly.

Her eyes were closed, hands running over my back, legs around my waist urging me faster.

"Open your eyes. Look at me," I ordered.

Her eyes opened and focused on me.

"You're mine?" I asked.

She nodded.

"Say it," I ordered.

"Yours. I'm yours."

"No one else makes you feel this good, just me."

I continued the slow pace, never breaking eye contact, pulling almost all the way out then pushing back inside her.

"Do you want me?"

"Yes."

"Only me?"

"Only you, always," she said, stroking my cheek.

I closed my eyes at her touch and began thrusting faster, harder, wanting to stamp my name on her soul.

"Oh God Marshall!" she said as she came again.

I let go and groaned as I came inside her. Fuck it felt amazing.

As we lay tangled in each other, catching our breath, Chelsea's fingers swirled lightly over my back.

"Wanna tell me what that was about?" she asked.

"What do you mean?"

"Seemed like you were upset."

I sighed. "We need to sort out this distance thing. It's driving me crazy."

Chelsea got up and started pulling on clothes. I sat up and watched her.

"I haven't been able to think about anything else either," she admitted.

"So? When are ya moving?" I asked, reaching for my jeans and tugging them on.

Chelsea walked out to the other room without answering. I finished getting dressed and followed. She was staring out the window.

"What's the problem?" I asked.

She turned and faced me.

"I get it, okay, it has to be me that moves. You've got children and employees that depend on you. You can't leave Detroit. But I'm Canadian and my legal career is based on provincial legislation! I'd need a visa to get a job in Detroit and even then, I probably wouldn't be able to do the same thing."

"So? Do something different. You could finally pursue your dream of being an author. There. Career problem solved."

Chelsea shook her head and sighed.

"What's really going on?" I moved closer to her, going on the attack. "You think I'm not worth it? Is that it?"

"No! You know that's not true!"

"No actually I don't. I'm offering you what I thought we both wanted and you're saying no."

"It's not that simple!"

"Sure it is," I said.

"For you! But not for me!"

"What does that mean?"

"It means your life stays exactly the same with the addition of me. But I lose my job, my career, my country, my dreams and leave behind my home, family and friends. It's a lot!"

"What dreams do you lose being with me?" I asked quietly.

She looked away.

"What dreams Chelsea?"

"I know how you feel about marriage and you already have kids," she sighed. "But I've always wanted both."

There it was, finally out in the open. She looked at me then, as if begging me to correct her.

"I'm sorry Chelsea. I can't get married again. It almost destroyed me. And I'm too old to start raising more kids."

"Right," she said looking away again. "So if I move to Detroit I'm giving up any possibility of either."

"But you gain me and can pursue your writing dream. Is that not enough? Can it please be enough?"

"I don't know Marshall. That's what I've been trying to figure out," she said her eyes filling with tears.

My heart broke. It always came down to me not being enough. I was never enough. I couldn't do this again.

"Look, either you move to Detroit or we're done. No more of this long distance shit."

"What?"

"Either I'm worth it or I'm not. Decide."

"That's not fair!"

"None of this is fair!" I shouted, my hurt giving way to anger. "You make me care about you knowing full well I can't leave Detroit and now you won't move!"

"I need time to- "

"Fuck this. I ain't in feelings, I'm out."

I turned and walked out.