34 - Move On

I landed at the Vancouver airport and immediately called Paul.

"Tell me you found her," I said.

"Not yet – '

"What the hell man? You've had six hours!" I yelled, pacing back and forth in the first class lounge.

"It's not that easy!" Paul yelled back. "She's not registered under her name. And you're a dick because even though you were together almost a year, you don't know any of her friends! So who do you suggest I ask where she is? There's a lot of fucking hotels in Vancouver!"

I sagged into one of the club chairs. "You're right. I am a dick."

Paul sighed. "Just sit tight. I think I'll have something for you soon."

I hung up and stared out the window at the grey sky as it started to rain. Was I doing the right thing? I wanted her to give up so much for me and I'd walked away when she wouldn't. Was she better off without me?

I rubbed at my jaw. It didn't matter if she was. For months my mind and heart had tried to figure a way for us to work things out. She knew me in a way few did and had proven she was down no matter what. If she'd changed her mind, if there was any chance of getting her back, I was going for it. And I didn't give a fuck if that was selfish.

My phone rang and I answered before the first ring finished.

"Okay, I'm pretty sure I found her. She's registered under a friend and colleague's name," Paul said and read me off the hotel information. I scribbled it down.

"Thanks man," I said, standing. "Knew you wouldn't let me down."

"Marshall?"

"Yeah?"

"Don't fuck this up," Paul said.

"No promises. Because it's me, ya know," I sighed. "But I wanna get this right."

"Good luck. Be nice if ya wound up with the girl for once," Paul said and hung up.

Yeah, it would.

I headed out to the car I'd rented and typed the address Paul had given me into the GPS. Cursing the weather and every driver in my way, I eventually made it to the hotel.

Knocking on the room door I waited, hearing movement before it abruptly stopped.

"Come on Chelsea. Open up," I said, knowing then it was her.

With a sigh, she opened the door.

"What are you doing here?" She looked tired, her eyes sad.

"Can I come in?"

She walked back into the room and I followed. It was a small room with no seating area, just a queen-sized bed. Sitting cross-legged in the centre of the bed she looked up at me.

"What are you doing here?" she asked again.

I bounced down on the bed beside her. "How are you?"

"Shitty. You fly all this way for that?"

"Yup."

"Ever heard of a phone? Much cheaper and less time-consuming."

"But then I wouldn't get to see you," I said, reaching out to brush her hair back from her face.

"Why the sudden urge to see me?" she asked, pulling back out of reach.

"Um, the media ... it can be a lot...."

Shit. This was why I'd come and I was choking. I needed to tell her how I feel and fix this.

"I'm fine, thank you," Chelsea said, staring at a spot across the room. "Again, you could have just picked up the phone."

"Ha! I've been around long enough to know when a woman says fine, everything is NOT fine."

A small smile touched Chelsea's lips. "Smartest thing you've said in a while."

"Yeah, no argument here," I nodded.

She looked at me then, searching my face for something. I took a deep breath.

"Look, I know things are bad because of me or you wouldn't be staying here. I care about you and need to know you're okay. So how are you really?"

Chelsea looked away again, suddenly fighting back tears.

"Come here," I said as I pulled her into a hug.

She struggled to push me away even as she started to cry. I lay back on the bed and pulled her onto my chest, holding her. As hard as I pretend to be, I can't stand it when a girl cries.

"Everything's such a mess," she sobbed into my chest.

"We'll fix it," I said, stroking her hair.

"There is no we!" she cried.

"There can be," I said.

She raised her head and looked at me through her tears.

"Has anything changed?" I asked.

"Yes," she whispered.

"What?" I asked, needing her to say it.

She sat up and wiped at her tears. As the silence stretched on, she stared down at her hands clasped tightly in her lap. I sat up too and waited. Finally she looked up, love in her eyes.

"I want to be with you. It's more than enough," she said. "And I'll move to Detroit."

I didn't want to wreck this, but I had to be sure. Neither of us could go through this again.

"You're okay without marriage and kids?"

"Yes," she nodded.

I pulled Chelsea to me and kissed her. The familiar feeling of her lips made my body relax, the ache in my gut finally easing. I'd missed her so much.

But I tried to keep the kiss light and my hands to myself. Even though I wanted to fuck her like a beast. We should talk about shit, or at least take it slow. She'd just finished crying for fuck's sake!

She slipped her tongue into my mouth and I fisted a hand in her hair as I reciprocated. Her hands ran down my chest and began undoing my belt. I swallowed hard and pulled away.

"Are you sure?" I asked. "I mean, we can talk or ..."

Chelsea stopped and sat up. "Okay. What do you want to talk about?"

"Uh ..." I struggled to think of something, anything, as my dick cursed me.

She laughed. "I wish you could see your face right now!"

"Sorry, I -"

"I'm just messing with you," she said, tugging at my shirt. "Can we fuck now?"

"That was mean," I said, standing and pulling her to her feet. "You're gonna have to make that up to me."

"Am I?" she asked, smiling up at me.

"Yup. I was tryin' be a nice guy and everything," I said, pulling clothes off and tossing them to the floor.

"Yeah what's up with that?" she teased. "And how do I get Marshall back?"

"Keep it up and Imma put my dick in that smart mouth of yours," I threatened, discarding more clothes, wanting her naked.

"Promise?"

I stopped and stared at her. "Fuck I missed you!"

She laughed as I got rid of the rest of our clothes and pushed her against the small desk.

"This ain't gonna be a slow and sweet reunion," I growled into her neck, before biting gently.

"Good," she smiled as she hopped up onto the desk and spread her legs for me. "Cause I like it hard and dirty."

I didn't hesitate. Lining myself up I rammed balls deep into her. She moaned and wrapped her legs around my waist.

My eyes closed and head fell forward onto her shoulder as the feeling of being inside her again overwhelmed me. How many times had I prayed to feel her just once more like this?

"You feel so good," I whispered.

Grabbing her ass, I held her in place and began thrusting hard. The desk thumped against the wall, moving with us. She sucked on my collarbone and scratched her nails over my back. There was a loud banging from the other side of the wall. We froze and looked at each other.

"Guess they're not enjoying this as much as I am," Chelsea whispered, smiling.

"Fuck 'em," I growled.

I lifted her off the desk and turned to the bed. Tossing her down, I crawled over her body. After kissing her, I moved down to her neck then breasts, reacquainting my mouth with every part. Scratching my beard along her skin, leaving marks and bites as I went.

Between her thighs I ran my tongue over her lips, circling her clit. Her hands ran over my hair as my tongue moved faster. When her legs started to shake, I slid my fingers inside her and began to thrust. Raising my head, I watched her face. Pushing down on her clit with my thumb, her hips bucked. She gasped my name and her pussy squeezed around my fingers as she came. Nothing sexier than making my woman cum.

"On your knees," I ordered.

Smiling she moved onto her hands and knees, pushing her ass back against me. I thrust my dick in and didn't hold back. My fingers dug into her hips. All the heartache, loneliness and doubt fueled the brutal rhythm as I wanted to be rid of it all. She was mine again.

"Marshall I – I'm –," she gasped as she came again, her pussy contracting around me. I kept pounding through the increased friction.

"Oooh," she moaned, dropping her head and forearms to the mattress, no doubt spent after two orgasms so close together.

I wound her hair around my fist and tugged her back up. "I'm not done with you yet."

I continued to ram into her, feeling my own release build. I held on as long as I could, not wanting this to end. But with a groan I finally exploded, emptying inside her.

Flopping onto my back, I pulled her against me, not wanting to let go. Emotions flooded me as I realized I never had to let her go again. She'd chosen me.

"I love you," I whispered and kissed her forehead.

Tears flowed from her eyes again.

"What the hell? Don't cry!"

"Happy tears!" she laughed through the tears. "I love you too."

"Oh. Okay," I stood and reached for my pants. "Get dressed and grab your stuff. We're going home."