18 - Name That Tune

Back in Detroit, I tried to move my schedule around to get back to see Chelsea as soon as I could. But it was still three weeks later before I was back on the plane. In the meantime, we'd had some spirited phone calls and funny text exchanges, but I really wanted to see her.

Her lips were on mind seconds after opening the door. I tried not to smile.

"Miss me?" I asked when we finally broke apart.

"Maybe," she grinned. "Come on in."

We settled on the couch and I noticed she was sitting much closer to me this time, her hand resting on my thigh.

"Who's that?" she asked, pointing to my vintage hip hop t-shirt.

"Are you kidding?" I asked. "You don't know who Grand Puba is? From the group Brand Nubian?"

I rapped a couple of his bars but she shook her head. Prepared to school her I pulled out my phone and looked around.

"Where's your stereo?"

"Don't have one," she shrugged.

I stared at her. "How can you not have a stereo? How do you play music?"

"Don't look so horrified!" she laughed. "I play music from my phone. Either through headphones or in the car."

"That's it?"

"That's it," she said.

"That's unacceptable," I grumbled, scrolling through my phone looking for a song by Grand Puba and hitting play. "You don't get the full effect without speakers. But this is his song '360 What Goes Around.'"

We listened to the song, my head bobbing along with the beat as I mouthed the words.

"Nope, never heard that before. But it's good," Chelsea said.

"It's fucking incredible. I'll give you a list of artists to check out," I said.

"Meaning you think my music knowledge is lacking? Because I didn't know one artist?" she rolled her eyes.

"So you know Lakim Shabass, Kool Keith and Onyx?" I asked.

"I might know their songs if I heard them," Chelsea hedged. "Besides, it's not like you know all the artists I listen to."

"I bet I do," I said. "Music's kinda my thing."

"Okay superstar, let's put that to the test."

"How?" I asked, sitting back and studying her.

"We take turns playing a song from our phones –"

"Because you don't have a stereo," I said, causing Chelsea to roll her eyes as she continued.

" – correct artist and song title is one point. Half a point for just the title or artist. First one to 10 points wins," she finished.

I nodded slowly. "Okay. What are the stakes?"

"Bragging rights aren't enough?"

"Nah. Go big or get lost."

"Fine. If I win, you cook dinner for me," Chelsea smiled.

"Alright. Since there's no chance you're winning," I agreed.

"And if you win?" Chelsea asked.

"A blow job," I said.

Chelsea hesitated a moment, then raised her chin. "Fine."

"Shit doesn't go well for people who challenge me," I warned. "Sure you wanna do this?"

"Scared already?"

"Nope. Just giving ya a chance to reconsider," I said. "What's your first song?"

Chelsea swiped through her phone and hit play.

          Someday ooh someday
          The one you gave awaywill be the only one you're wishing for

"
Mariah Carey, 'Someday,'" I growled. "I can't believe you have that shit on your phone."

Chelsea grinned. "One point for you."

I scrolled through the songs on my phone, deciding to go easy on her. In the beginning, at least.

          LL Cool J is hard as hell
          Battle anybody I don't care who you tell
          I excel, they all fail

"LL Cool J, 'Rock the Bells,'" Chelsea said.

"Good," I nodded. "One-all."

"I loved your performance of that song at the Hip Hop Honor Awards in 09. One of your best," Chelsea said.

"Flattery won't make me go easy on you," I warned. But secretly I was pumped she'd remember my performance from a decade ago. "What's your next song?"

          Midnight, you come and pick me up, no headlights
          Long drive, could end in burning flames or paradise

"Taylor Swift, 'Style'," I said.

"How – ?" Chelsea looked amazed.

"She's one of Hailie's favorite artists," I shrugged. "I've heard a lot of her music over the years."

"Huh. I didn't think of that," Chelsea said, chewing her bottom lip. "That throws a wrench into my strategy."

"You want to back out of the bet?" I asked.

"No way," she said. "I'm not admitting defeat."

"Alright," I nodded. "Here's my next song."

          I started young kickin' dust and livin' rough
          You watch you mouth around my mama you couldn't cuss man
          I had a down ass homie though; we ran the streets

"Tupac, 'Pour Out a Little Liquor.'"

I nodded. "Good. If you'd fucked that one up, I'd have to leave. 2-2. Go."

"Nice. No pressure," she said rolling her eyes. "Ok new strategy." Chelsea tapped her phone.

          I've got a job, I explore, I follow every little whiff
          And I want my life to smell like this
          To find a place

I listen as the song continued and considered, before shaking my head. "It's the Tragically Hip, I recognize their sound. But no idea what song."

"Looking for a 'Place to Happen.' Half a point."

I nodded and played my next song.

          The ingredients for comin correct we select
          On the set beats and rhymes that are both in check
          Herby's behind the board cold gettin respect
          We are Kid 'n Play in total effect

"Uh ... Kid and Play, but I only know that because they said their name, thank god. Because I have no idea what song that is."

I smiled. "'Gittin Funky.' 2.5 each."

We continued playing songs and trash talking as I pulled ahead 6-4.

"I have a new appreciation for rappers saying their names in songs," Chelsea said. "That's the only reason I'm still in this."

"And I'm still winning even with all your Canadian artists," I said smugly.

I love rising to a challenge. The spirit of competition, going all out for victory got my blood going like nothing else. Often times I had to reign myself in. But not this time.

"Alright. 9.5 to 6.5, this is game point," I warned and motioned for her to play her song.

          Listen as the wind blows, from across the great divide
          Voices trapped in yearning, memories trapped in time

"Sarah McLachlan for half a point. Doesn't matter what fucking song 'cause I win!"

I jumped up and with arms raised I did a victory lap around the room, mimicking the sound of a cheering crowd.

Turning, I saw the flash of alarm on Chelsea's face and knew why. As much as I wanted her lips wrapped around my dick, I wouldn't force her. I sat back down and kissed her forehead.

"I won't collect tonight," I whispered. "Another time. When you're ready."

She blushed and looked away. I tossed my phone on the coffee table.

"Congratulations," Chelsea muttered.

"Nah, you gotta do better than that," I gloated. "You doubted my musical knowledge. Congratulations music lord. Or something along those lines."

"Congratulations supreme master of the musical universe," Chelsea said with an epic eye roll, which I ignored.

"Good," I nodded. "Now that we've established I'm the music master, what we gonna do about your stereo problem?"

"Nothing," she said rolling her eyes again. "Because there's no problem."

I slid a glance at her. "Hasn't your mouth gotten you in enough trouble tonight? Maybe you should stop correcting me."

"Maybe my mouth could get me out of some trouble," Chelsea said as she moved closer to me.

"Yeah? How's it gonna do that?" I asked.

She kissed me. I relaxed into her soft lips, running my hands through her hair and down her back. I had to remind myself not to push things too far, too fast.

"Definitely," I agreed, trying to keep things light. "Your mouth should definitely do more of that."

"Okay."

Chelsea's mouth moved down to my neck while a hand massaged my dick through my sweat pants. I moaned. She was killing me!

She started to tug my pants down and I grabbed her hands, forcing her to look at me.

"You don't have to," I said.

"I want to," she whispered.

I studied her face, wondering what the right thing to do was. Fuck it. I'd said twice now she didn't have too. But if she wanted to, I sure as hell wasn't going to stop her.

Not breaking eye contact with Chelsea, I let go of her hands and raised my hips, letting her pull my pants and boxers down.

Slowly she began stroking me and my cock looked huge in her small hands. The veins bulged as all my blood rushed there, beyond excited.

She lowered her head and took me in her mouth, her pink tongue swirling over the crown. My head fell back against the couch. Holy fuck. I hadn't expected her mouth to feel so good.

As her fingers moved, explored, stroked my shaft and balls, her mouth and tongue kept a steady rhythm.

My hands went to her head, urging her faster as I felt my orgasm building. Misunderstanding, she deepthroated my dick.

"Fuck!"

I exploded, emptying cum down her throat without warning. She eased up but didn't stop, gently sucking every drop from my dick.

Done, Chelsea sat back beside me.

"Damn baby. I can't wait to beat you again," I sighed.

"Nah, next time I'm winning," she grinned.