Chapter 22

'But momma I'm in love with a criminal, and this type of love isn't rational it's physical.'

Rose didn't have a high pain tolerance. This was known and while she acknowledges how much worse her situation could be, the woman wished she was somewhere getting tortured as opposed to this.

Klaus poked his head in the room, "Give up yet?"

She simply turned her head away from the closet to look out the window. She wasn't going to give him what he wanted. If she could, she would've turned her entire body away from him, only she was tied to the bed, unable to move.

Rose heard a sigh and felt the bed dip with weight.

"Schätzchen." He said the name teasingly, as he positioned himself over her. Bringing his face to her neck, he burrowed himself in her warmth, nuzzling the side of her neck almost like a cat.

Rose's body stiffened. She finally spoke after nearly a week of silence, "Get off me." She struggled to keep the emotion out of her voice.

Klaus raised himself up, his long locks falling over his slender shoulder. Rose glanced away from the subtle smirk resting on his lips. It reminded her of Luciano and thinking of him made her realize she'd much rather be dealing with his antics then this.

Of course, she was sure people had worse issues then being snuggled to death by a shirtless rich attractive man, but she could still complain.

"So you're speaking to me now?" He raised an eyebrow and she muttered.

"Stop pretending."

A low chuckle reached her ears as he whispered in them, "And what am I pretending to be, little flower?"

The female jerked hard, flinching to get away from him. "Stop acting like you're not a monster. You kill people for a living."

He shrugged, "You weren't saying that when I was between your legs, ea-"

"Stop!" She quickly spoke over him. "Besides, I didn't know that about you back then." Rose relaxed into the bed, staring at the ceiling.

"I couldn't have just been with someone normal?" She settled down, looking as Klaus' face appeared in her eyeline.

"Normal is boring." He responded and Rose sighed. For a grown ass man, he had surprisingly childish tendencies.

"Klaus, I just want to go home. I want to see my dad, my friends. Is there any possible way you could let me go?" She pleaded for the last time, and for a second, she could see how conflicted he looked.

Maybe he'll do it?

"No."

And that's when Rose decided she was done appealing to his humane side. This was going to have to get very messy.

~{}~{}~{}~{}~{}~{}~{}~{}~

"Matteo, wake up."

Matteo groaned as a familiar voice called out to him. His head pounded so hard he thought someone was banging a pan against it.

He looked around, finding himself in a large empty space. The man sat up placing a hand to his temple.

Where the hell was he?

"Matteo!"

Turning to the side he spotted Chiara who sat calmly in a chair. He squinted at her.

"Chi? Is that you? W-Where are we?" He muttered, waiting for everything in his head to settle down.

"In a warehouse in Germany." Chiara spoke to him as he began making his way over to her.

"Germany?"

Last thing he remembered, he was walking in his house when he noticed the door was unlocked. By the time he realized it, he felt a pain in the back of his head and then nothing.

"That doesn't make any sense." He shook his head, his fingers tugging at the end of his hair.

"Rose is being held hostage too." She tilted her head as she watched Matteo snap out of it at the sound of her name.

"H-Hostage? Who's being held hostage?" He scrambled for answers, still not able to piece things together.

"Well," Chiara let a giggle slip through her blood red lips. She smiled, "hehe~ You're being held hostage by me and Rose is being held hostage by a fling."

I- We're being held hostage. . . ?

Matteo felt his head pounding. He could hardly think over the shivers running through him, turning his warm flesh cold and full of goosebumps.

"Why? Why are you doing this?" He stared her in the eyes waiting for a response as she pretended to think.

"Mmm," Chiara hummed. Her leg crossed over the other as she leaned in, "Greed? Money? Power? Whatever, Rose has the heart of two of the biggest dons in, well, Europe!"

Chi flipped her hair over her shoulder, relaxing back in her chair as she continued speaking. "The tragic thing is, she's not stupid enough to blindly follow my instructions. She's also not smart enough to take power for herself, too busy playing the damsel in distress act."

Matteo's eyes narrowed as the feeling of iciness continued to spread throughout his body. "Where do I come in?" He asked, voice barely above a whisper.

"I believe Rose needs an initiative! Also, Klaus can't see me whispering in her ear all the time. Now that he has her, if I annoy him I'm sure he'll be ready to get rid of me quick. So," She winked, "You're my puppet as I work from the shadows."

"If I refuse?"

"You'll die. Anymore questions, or are you ready to move?" Chiara stood, picking off imaginary lint before pausing.

"Oh and Matteo, it isn't just your life riding on this. I'd be careful if I were you love, I'm always watching~"

And just like that she left him alone.

~{}~{}~{}~{}~{}~{}~{}~{}~

A/N ~ Hope y'all enjoyed~

To everyone that said they should all end up together YALL ARE WILD LMAO HAD ME CRACKING UP! 🤣🤣🤣 Nah, But on a serious note Luciano and Klaus are half brothers and that's. . .

Anyways, Matteo and Rose are going to be reunited but at what cost?

Is Rose going to take over the German and Italian mafia?

What's going to happen with Luciano and her dad?

And which character is going to die?

Find out next time on The Doc & Her Don~