Chapter 24

Rose snorted, "Who? Matteo why would someone want to help me overthrow two dons? And, I know you, you don't even have someone like that in your circle."

Gripping her hands, he spoke lowly. "Yes. I do. And yes you can, what do you think is going to happen to you, huh?"

Rose narrowed her eyes. Does he think. . . ?

"You think Luc and Klaus will just duke it out for your love? Do you think you'll be able to live a normal life? Hell, do you think you'll survive through this?" Matteo threw his hands in the air, voice exasperated as he tried to explain to the woman just what he meant.

"Shut up."

"Excuse me?" He shook his head. What did she just say to him?

"I said-" Rose raised her voice as she leveled a glare at him, "-shut the hell up! I'm so sick of everyone pulling me this way and that, and telling me what is going to happen! What I want, like are you kidding me?" The woman shot up, kicking over the end table as she let out a wild scream.

"SHIT!" She cursed, as she threw whatever she could find. Vases, tables, flowers, she even tried to flip her chair and when she was done, her chest wound up tight, heart beating fast, she fell to the ground and looked at the ceiling silently.

"You done?" Matteo's head popped into her line of vision as he stood over her.

She nodded, letting out a breath. She hoped she broke something priceless or expensive in her rampage, that'd make her feel way better.

Matteo sat next to her, "I shouldn't have spoken to you like that. I won't let anything bad happen to you, okay?"

"Okay." She mumbled. "This person-" Rose shook her head as she sat up, "-nobody in this line of business just wants to help. I don't believe in trusting blindly anymore."

"Then what should we do?" Matteo sighed.

"I'll do it still. I've been sitting around thinking someone's going to come for me. My dad, Luciano, even you-" Rose chuckled at that, "But now I'm going to act myself. And I'll bring this entire place crashing down around me."

Matteo gazed at her. Her lips pursed, eyes set forward in determination as she announced the plan. His heart raced, "You couldn't mean-"

"Yep. I know exactly where to start too."

~{}~{}~{}~{}~{}~{}~{}~

Escaping wasn't enough. That was obvious. No matter where I was in the world, I was certain one of my two stalkers would find me.

I paused as I thought about Luciano.

We didn't have enough time to fall in love with each other, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't have feelings for him. Thinking of his dark hair, framing that handsome face of his, and those eyes. Ugh, his gaze was enough to make me catch fire, he always looked at me with such intensity it burned.

As opposed to his brother, Luciano was like a roaring fire while Klaus was a biting cold. You know that sensation when something is so freezing it feels hot? That's how Klaus feels.

Both brothers burned me, but it was different. Different heats, different intensities.

I knocked myself out of my thoughts. I needed to focus, I had three main goals in mind.

1. Find Luciano, see if he's alive and well. Kiss him while maybe apologizing for drugging him. 2. Get enough intel to strike a major blow to Klaus. 3. I needed to get the hell out of Germany and get Matteo back home.

Whoever brought him here was obviously not above harming him, and that was a big sign that they shouldn't be trusted. The worse thing that could happen out of all this is that I could be killed, or maybe be forced to stay captive for the rest of my life.

I fluffed out my hair, messing with my bangs a little. The first most important part of the plan was taking advantage of Klaus' feelings for me. Matteo had already been taken back off the property. Elias was starting to get nervous, about Klaus finding out he let him speak to me.

He said he'd keep in touch, but he needs to focus on staying safe. I sighed, standing up. It was time.

~{}~{}~{}~{}~{}~{}~{}~

Klaus knew something was off the moment his door slowly swung open. The man leaned back in his seat as Rose came in slowly, chewing on her bottom lip. She took a seat across from him, making brief eyes contact before looking away.

"Is this a bad time?"

"No, I've always got time for you, little flower." He spoke as she smiled at his words.

Rose took a deep breath. This was it. "I was thinking, maybe I was being too harsh on you? I just-" He raises his brow as she continued to speak. "I don't know much about you, and I want to change that. Maybe we could go outside the house?"

Klaus' eyes narrowed as Rose stumbled over herself, "I-I meant just outside! We don't actually have to leave the property and go into town or anything." Her voice wavered towards the end.

There wasn't a response. When she finally looked at the man, his eyes were just steadily watching her. She flinched, not breaking away from his piercing gaze as a smirk slid onto his face.

"Are you asking me on date, little flower?" His tone was light.

Why do you sound so amused? "I guess, yeah." Rose mumbled, it hadn't even been 5 minutes but the meek act was wearing on her.

More silence met her, and then, Rose's mouth dropped open. She stared baffled at the grin on Klaus' face. This man was really cheesing at her!

"How about tomorrow?" He energetically asked as she nodded.

"It's not like I'll be anywhere." She said with a sarcastic smile. "That works, I'll see you then."

And just like that, the plan was in effect.

~{}~{}~{}~{}~{}~{}~{}~{}~

A/N: Y'all these characters 🤡 Someone said that Klaus had a easier childhood than Luciano and Rose but like his mom did die too which might have made him how he is.

I want to publish a highschool book next but should it be supernatural or should I just keep doing this series? 😩

Also thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed~