Chapter 33

Rose's father had always done his best to let his daughter know that no matter what trouble she got into, she could always rely on her father to help her. Of course, when he taught her this he was always talking about financial issues, maybe even boy problems, never in a million years did he mean the mafia.

Rose opened the door to the room, taking note of the stark light overhead. It was plain, bland. A form sat slumped in a chair, "I don't want your nasty ass cooking again boy." James Percy growled without turning to look at who he was talking to.

"Daddy?" Rose called his name, his head snapping towards her.

"Rose!" James shot out of his seat as she flew into his arms. Her father hugged her so tight, she was getting lightheaded but she couldn't bring herself to care.

"I was so worried, then those boys wouldn't tell me what happened to you and they threatened me!" He spoke in a rushed whisper as Rose paused.

"Who threatened you?" She questioned slowly but she already knew the answer. Only one of the guys was hotheaded enough to do it.

"Some snarky shit named Lucifer-"

"Luciano." She corrected but her father shook his head.

"We have to get out of here. Get to the police, and let them handle these nuts." He spoke without taking a pause, only grabbing the woman's arm to drag her down the hall.

"D-Dad, wait!" Rose protested but her father quickly hushed her.

"No time for talk, we gotta move. I'll take the big one, you tackle pretty boy with the noodle hair, don't be scared to fight dirty Rose. Use them wolverine claws of yours!"

James was focused on the mission, too absorbed in getting out to notice his daughters discomfort. Rose pulled her wrist out of his grip.

"Just hear me out for a second?" She grabbed his arm but the man slipped out of her grasp, running into the living room.

Rose flinched at the sound of shattering glass, rushing over.

"What the hell?" Luciano growled as he stood with his hands up, her dad holding a shard of glass to his neck. Apollo watched wide eyed while Jasper was pulling out a gun and Hans snuck towards James with a knife in his hands.

"Stop!"

The woman quickly rushed over, picking up Hans as the boy leapt for her father. James turned at the noise, and with him distracted, Luciano twisted his arm behind his back, flipping their positions so the other man was pressed into the wall.

"Rose make a run for it, go to the police!"

She sighed, this was about to be a shit show.

~{}~{}~{}~{}~{}~{}~{}~{}~

Rose was beginning to get worried.

The entire time she explained to her father what happened from beginning to end, leaving out certain parts, he was silent.

His silence only made the woman more nervous and when she finally finished she let out a huge breath.

Even then, James Percy didn't speak. He sat, face scrunched up like he was thinking hard. Everyone waited for his words, Rose more anxious than the rest of them.

"Okay." He clapped his hands together. "We're leaving." The man stood, Luciano and Apollo both blocking him from grabbing Rose.

"Woah, you're not going anywhere." Luciano responded with narrowed eyes, "She's staying here."

"Why? This is your mess. My daughter was caught up in this, your family soap opera has nothing to do with us." James felt sick. His main priority was his daughter, and as her father he can't believe she had to deal with all this by herself.

He could have lost his little girl.

Apollo spoke up, "All due respect sir, Rose can't just leave after all that's happened. Who knows who might be tracking you guys, or-"

His words cut off when he felt the warm hand on his shoulder. Turning back, all eyes went to Rose who took a deep breath.

"I'm staying." She looked her father square in his face. "I think you should go home though."

"Like hell I'm just going to leave you here." James sighed, "We'll figure this out as a family." He turned to walk away when she called out again.

"A-Actually dad, there's one more thing."

The older man narrowed his eyes. What more could she have to say? It couldn't be any worse than the situation they were already in, could it?

Little did he know how wrong he was.

"W-Well," Rose took a big breath, "Luciano and I are kind of a thing!" She rushed out the words, Luciano turning to look at her with wide eyes and a grin as her fathers face contorted.

"What?!"

~{}~{}~{}~{}~{}~{}~{}~{}~{}~

Nero Vinetti has always considered himself an opportunist. Though others might say he was a social climber.

Regardless, if he sees something that can help him achieve his goals, he will go for it relentlessly without fail until he has obtained it.

This time, it was a certain American that had caught his eye.

Luciano was too ruthless and uncaring about his work. Klaus was too meticulous, he couldn't see the bigger picture. Besides, he was so blinded by his childhood anger to be of use to Nero.

But Rose, he didn't think much of the girl at first until he heard she was helping Luciano. She was tenacious, consistent, goal-oriented, and with her medical training she knew the perfect methods to kill. To make it look natural, to make it hurt.

But before he could get ahead of himself, Mr. Vinetti needed to see just how far he could push her. If he could make her snap. Because when she does, he'll be there to mold her, make her like him. And with that done, she will take over for him.

Continuing the legacy with Luciano by her side, he could almost imagine how great the two would be as Don and Donna. Still, he couldn't rush things.

Chiara did her part in helping to push Rose off the deep end. However he needed her to go full out.

Maybe it was cruel to use the other woman in such a way, but he already knew Rose would want to kill her. Whether or not she did, he was ready to see the results of the future Donna.

Nero was sure she wouldn't disappoint him either way.

~{}~{}~{}~{}~{}~{}~{}~

A/N: This is my first ever mafia book. I have an idea for another one but it'd be set in highschool, Hans and Jasper would make an appearance tho. 😩

I feel so conflicted as to what I want my next book to be since this ones coming to an end.

Anywho hope y'all enjoyed!