Chapter 30

The question stunned me. I didn't-well I think I don't- love Luciano.

"I don't- I mean-" The words struggled to come out while Alice let out a small smile.

"You either love him or you're insane. You could have left at any point but here you are."

It's not like I had a choice most of the time. I couldn't help but think. "Luciano is frustrating. He's rude, possessive, and an asshole to be frank."

I smiled, tearing up as I thought of him. "Yet, he's a good listener, he may be temperamental sometimes but he tries to do the best for the people he cares about."

There were so many thing I could say about Luciano, good and bad, but sitting here at this moment there was only one thing Alice needed to hear.

"I think deep deep down, he's just a kid that always wanted his mothers love and approval. And as for Klaus-" I tried not to grimace as I thought of him gripping me by the neck.

My hand went there unconsciously rubbing the spot, "Klaus is different. Luciano is so warm but he's, well, cold. He wants to force me to love him. I think he created this narrative in his head but-"

"You don't feel anything?" Alice cut me off, leaning forward in her seat. "You can't try with him again?"

I scoffed, obviously she still only cared about Klaus and you know what? That's fine, I wasn't going to get sucked up in it. "What I am, is tired." I stood up again when a knock resounded through the house.

Casting a glance to Alice who sat numbly I went to open it.

~{}~{}~{}~{}~{}~{}~{}~{}~

There wasn't even a second to breath. As soon as Luciano spoke, Rose jumped into the mans arms as he picked her up in a crushing hug.

She didn't know where it came from but she started sobbing in his arms. The couple didn't know how long they held each other but when they finally pulled away Rose spoke.

"You came! You came to find me!" She grinned at the man who wouldn't let go of her hand.

"Of course I did!" He gripped her hand tighter, tugging her towards him as he wrapped his arms around her yet again. "Never pull some shit like that again." His voice was stern and the woman rolled her eyes.

It was typical Luciano fashion to still try to be commanding in a moment like this. But she let it slide, if she hadn't tried to do things on her own and drugged them, maybe this wouldn't have happened.

Alice cleared her throat.

The two turned their attention to her as well as Hans and Jasper who snuck in from the back. Luc pulled Rose behind him as he carefully analyzed their faces.

The man froze however when he saw Alice.

"You can't- I thought-" He stumbled over his words as the older woman stepped forward. Casting a glance at Rose who nodded in response she spoke.

"I know," She hesitated, acting as if she had more she wanted to say before gritting out the word, "son."

That was the first time she claimed the boy. Hearing that one word come out her mouth stunned the man.

~{}~{}~{}~{}~{}~{}~{}~{}~

(Mature content coming up)

Luciano wouldn't let Rose out of his sight.

Hell, he barely let her stand before he pulled the woman back into his chest. He had to touch her, feel her somehow otherwise the overwhelming fear that she could disappear would make him go insane.