Chapter 32

Chiara took a sip of her tea.

The gentle steam wafting up to her nose as the warmth of the cup made her fingers tingle slightly gave her a sense of calm.

Calm that she most definitely needed.

The first part of her plan seemed to be in motion, Matteo reached Rose and the woman was supposed to be pupated by her.

Instead, she escaped from Klaus herself, and was now God knows where. So now she was stuck with a hostage that had little meaning to her, and her plan in shambles.

Maybe she let her anger get the best of her.

The woman certainly didn't mean to lash out on Matteo but she just got so angry. Before she knew it, her hands were covered with blood and he could hardly move.

So she dumped his body and went about her moping. Klaus hadn't given her any commands, he'd hardly spoken to her since he got Rose back.

And she hadn't seen or spoken to Luciano since they ambushed him that night. But maybe she'd been playing it safe all this time. If she killed Rose she could possibly start an even bigger feud between the brothers.

Maybe, she could knock them both down with one blow. All she needed to do was find the woman and just like that, she would instantly have leverage over the others.

A ring knocked her out of her thoughts. She narrowed her eyes at the device that was now buzzing on her table. Very few people had her number, and even fewer were alive to actually utilize it.

She checked the I.D. pursing her lips as she noted that it was Unknown. Taking a breath, the woman cleared her throat.

"Hello?" She spoke into the phone, waiting for a response. Silence met her before she heard an exhale on the other end.

"Chi, darling how are you?" A familiar voice soother her as the woman's shoulders relaxed.

Shutting her eyes she responded, "Mr. Vinetti, it's nice to hear your voice. I'm fine, how are you?"

She was surprised the old bastard hadn't keeled over already. He was tough though, it would take a lot to take him out.

He chuckled, "I could be doing better. Well, with your help I could."

Chiara paused. "What can I do for you?"

"It has to do with Rose. I was hoping you'd be interested in a proposition I have for you, finish up some things for me."

She grinned, "It would be my pleasure."

~{}~{}~{}~{}~{}~{}~{}~{}~

Rose sat silently in the car.

She stared out the window watching everything pass by in a blur of movement. The boys sat in the back whispering to one another, as Luciano drove the car, a grim look on his face.

After the news he'd given her, she shut down.

It was like she was in turmoil with herself. Violence only created more violence. This was true, but when she sat there and thought about how scared Matteo must have been, she just shrank further and further into her dark desires.

The group had all decided to split up. Luciano, along with the kids, and Rose were on their way to Apollo and her father. Alice left alone to find Klaus.

It had been silent the few hours they were on the road.

The kids were used to this life of loss and so was Luciano. It was different being around Rose because she wasn't, she generally would be making conversation, singing along to the radio, or something to bring the mood up at a time like this but she just sat in silence.