Chapter 7

Edited. (Also, let me know if I missed any grammatical or spelling errors so I can fix them ASAP.)

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in. I looked around to find everyone looking at me with shocked looks.

My father walked up to me and embraced me in a hug. "I'm so so sorry Rayna. I don't know what I would have done if I he managed to do it." I hugged him back as tears started flowing.

"What if my powers didn't work when it happened? I would be-e d-dead," My voice cracked at the end. He hugged me tighter and rubbed my back as I started sobbing.

"Its alright," He said in a soothing voice. That automatically made me calm down. I let go of my father as I saw someone breaking through the crowd. When they immerged, I noticed it way Riley. She ran right over to me and embraced me in a hug. She pulled away after a couple seconds.

Riley grabbed my face with her two hands. "Are you alright? Did that bastard hurt you?" She asked, concern etched into her voice. I just shook my head.

"I'm fine, he didn't do anything because I stopped him." I tried lightening the mood by putting on a proud expression as I said that. She chuckled softly but that was it.

I wiped the tears from my eyes away and acted as though I wasn't just crying. As if I wasn't a victim of an attempted murder.

"Well then, let's put that past us and continue our training." She nodded and wiped her own teary eyes.

*

Once training was over, Riley and I retired back to our rooms. I had to get started packing my belongings for Thursday when I have to go to his pack. I grimaced as I thought of him.

I went over to my bed and pulled out a huge, black suitcase from under the bed. I started filling it with things I knew I would need like clothes, toiletries, etc. I also put in the last family picture we have as a complete family.

It was taken just two weeks before our family was ripped apart. My mother, an exact replica of both Riley and I, looked so happy as she had her arms around me. My dad looked very happy also. I kind of miss that side of my dad, but I guess it died with my mother.

Once it was filled to the brim with stuff, I zipped it up and put it under the bed again so it wouldn't get in the way between today and tomorrow.

I then went to my closet and picked out some clothes I had left out. It was a white, knitted, cropped sweater. I also took out some black leggings and my black shoes. I took those things and carried them to the bathroom where I started my shower. I took off my sweaty clothes just as the water got to the right temperature and jumped in. I did my whole routine and then stepped out.

My skin filled with goosebumps as I exited the warm water. I wrapped a towel around myself for a couple seconds to dry myself off. I then went over to the counter and picked up the clothes I had left on there. I put them on and took out my toothbrush and paste to brush my teeth. Once I finished, I grabbed my hair brush and started to run it through my light brown locks.

Once my hair was tangle less, I set the brush down. I went over to the door of my bedroom and opened it, stepping out and closing it behind me. I started my way down the stairs and into the kitchen.

I scanned the room and Riley was sitting around the kitchen island, eating a bowl of cereal. I went over to one of the cabinets and took out a bowl and the cereal box. I pored my cereal into the bowl and then some milk that I got from the fridge. I put everything away and went to sit down next to Riley.

"Hey," I greeted.

"Hey little sis," She smirked. I crossed my arms over my chest.

"I'm not little Ri," I huffed like a little girl would.

"But I am older than you by two years." I huffed again and she laughed. Soon both of our laughters filled the room. I had almost forgotten all that had happened in the past few days. Keyword: Almost.

I felt some pangs in my chest but I kept them to myself. I started picking at my cereal to distract me but it's like Riley read my mind or something.

"I'm sorry for everything that has happened to you," She spoke up. I shook my head.

"You have nothing to be sorry for."

"Yeah but I cant help but feel sorry for you. You're my lil sis. I want to be the older sister that looks after you." She has a very confident feeling to her voice.

"Thanks Ri," I say with a mouthful of cereal in my mouth.

"Don't thank me. Its what I'm here for." She embraced me in a hug.

At least I know someone is there for me.
______________________________________

I'm not dead I promise. I've been so busy with freaking school and marching band that I dont have much time to write.

How was this chapter? It's a little shorter but I figured I had to get something out to you guys since it's the weekend.

I want to have a Q&A sometime so comment a question on this chapter and I'll answer them in a separate authors note once I have enough questions.

Anyways I'll see y'all in the next chapter.