Chapter 45

Rayna's POV

I woke up with a headache and groaned as I rubbed my temples.

Today was the day.

I had officially lost all hope. No one is looking for me, and if they are, it's too late. I had accepted that I was going to die. To be honest, I just wanted to get it over with.

*

Orion's POV

Today was the day.

I would finally get my mate back. But at what cost?

I were currently in my office with the others, planning out how the attack would go. We were all sitting around my desk.

"We'll only take about 20 men, just in case he does have men of his own," Brett said.

"I am certain that there was no one other than him," Ace reassured but I shook my head.

"It's better to be excessively prepared and not even need our men than not be prepared at all and end up loosing," I said.

"Right," Charles nodded. I looked up at the ceiling and simply stared. If only my parents could see me now. They for sure wouldn't be too proud of how I treated my mate.

Your mate is someone who you cherish and love no matter what gets in your way. My father had told me. She is especially made for you, and only you. You don't let anyone or anything hurt her.

I blinked back tears. I've cried so many times in the past couple of months, than I have my whole life before I met her.

"So when does this take place?" Raymond asked. I was sure that everyone in the room noticed my pained expression but no one pointed it out. Everyone looked in my direction, waiting for me to answer Raymond's question and I shrugged. I was hiding my impatience pretty well.

"I don't know. Brett, when do you think we should take action?"

"We should leave at about ten-thirty so we have enough time to get there and set up," Brett explained and everyone nodded.

"For now, we play the waiting game," I said.

After we agreed on a plan, everyone but me left the office. Brett, Ace, Charles, and Raymond went to gather the men we were going to take with us.

I was still in my office. I've not been helping at all and it killed me to know that.

I looked at the digital clock that was sitting in my desk.

"Six more hours until we start this," I mumbled.

"What is wrong with you, Orion?" I said to myself and pulled on my hair. "You're supposed to be the most feared, merciless Alpha in the world. You don't feel guilty. You don't get emotional and you most certainly don't let one person get to you." To anyone else, I might look like a mad man talking to myself. But, I couldn't care less. Besides, was alone in my office.

Four hours later
Rayna's POV

Alec had fed me pretty well today. He did say that I needed my energy after all.

I've lost track of time a while ago. Who knows how long I've been here for.

Alec walked into the room, "Up." I frowned.

"What are you talking about?"

"Get up," he growled and came over to me, pulling me up by the arm.

"What the hell!" I yelled as he started pulling me towards the chair. "Goddess, what has you all wound up today?" I hissed. He turned me around and grabbed my shoulders before pushing me down onto the chair. I didn't fight back as I knew it was no use. He'd already stripped some of my power before, leaving me weak so there was no way I could beat him in a fight.