Chapter 28

Olivia's head hung low in shame. I started to regret snapping that her. I just hate that people pity me. I've gone my whole life without pity and I certainly don't need any now.

I heard footsteps coming towards the door followed by a swift knock.

"Come in." I called.

The door opened, revealing Charles.
"Is everything alright?" He asked as he walked completely inside the room, closing the door.

I opened my mouth to say something but Olivia cut me off. "No!" She yelled before I could speak. "Rayna had something to tell you. It's very important." I turned to her with a cold glare on my face.

"I said I didn't want to make a big deal out of it, Olivia!" I yelled at her. "What the hell do you think you're doing!"

"What's going on?" Charles pressed.

"Nothing." I replied, trying to play it cool. "It's not a big deal."

"It sure seems like a big deal if you're so set on not telling anyone about it." He pointed out. I groaned in defeat.

"Fine." I drew out the word. I turned to Olivia and pointed at her. "You owe me big time." I crossed my arms like a teenager and turned back around to face Charles "I'll tell you but you have to keep it a secret."

"Depends." Charles stated. I sighed as I continued to tell Charles the same things I had told Olivia.

"Okay I change my mind about keeping it a secret." He rushed out. "Not that I agreed in the first place." He mumbled. "But we have to tell Orion and Ace."

"No!" I yelled as I got up. "I mean, Ace already knows but we are not telling Orion." Charles only rolled his eyes.

"When are you two going to stop acting like children. Seriously, it's getting old and it's not helping anyone."

"Yeah!" Olivia exclaimed. "I want some little nieces and nephews running around." I faceplamed and shook my head before glaring at her intensely.

"Olivia, we aren't exactly in the right relationship to be having kids. And even if we were, I don't want kids anytime soon. I'm still 17 for goddess sake!" I tell her.

She shrugs, "One can hope."

"Keep hoping sister." I told her as I rolled my eyes.

"You guys should seriously just make up already." Charles continued. "The pack needs two strong leaders to lead them."

"Well I'm starting to change my mind about being the Luna of this pack." I shrugged. "Who would want to lead alongside and asshole of an Alpha?"

"We've been dealing with him our whole lives." Olivia pipped in. "He's not that bad once you warm up to eachother."

"Yeah." I said, drawing it out. "I think I'll pass. I've given him too many chances."

"So has he." Charles said. "You haven't exactly given him much to work with. Both of you have been difficult."

I stood up from the bed and started circling around the room, trying to claim myself. "I wasn't the one who rejected him. I didn't put him in the dungeon either." I scoffed. "I haven't done shit to him."

"Really?" Charles raised a brow. "So you haven't disobeyed an Alpha on his territory? You don't do that, Rayna. Even if you do hate him. It sets him off. He hates not being in control of people. Once his patients runs out, theres no going back."

I didn't say anything as I kept pacing around the room. My thoughts were clouded by other thoughts about the whole situation. I ran my hand through my hair which was still drying. Deep inside, I wanted to forgive him and just start over. But the stouburn side of me wouldn't allow it. I hated being like this. My heart wants something but my mind wants something that was the complete opposite.

I wanted Orion to accept me. I wanted to accept him. But being the stouburn person I am, I won't until he does first. And I don't think its going to happen anytime soon considering how big of a mouth I have. I know it's going to bite me in the butt later. I just can't help it. When someone or something sets me off, I can't close my mouth.

My mind went back to the notes. Was I going to recieve more? Whoever this was, what are they on about? What did they want from me? Was it possible they wanted me... dead? Just thinking about it made my heart rate and breathing increase rapidly. I sat back down on the bed and bounced my leg, trying to distract myself. I put my hands in my hair and started tugging at it as I started getting terrible thoughts imbeded into my head.

"Woah, Rayna are you alright?" I heard a distant voice call out to me. I ignored it, being to entangled in these dark thoughts. I could feel beads of sweat mixing with tears that slid down my face. I shook my head as I saw an image of myself being tortured. I was sitting in a chair of some sort, tied down. I looked down to see my clothes, torn and bloody. I saw someone. Their face was a blur. They were coming toward me with something shiny in their hand.

"N-No." I whimpered. "Please."

No avail.

"Please!" I yelled. "Don't get any closer!" I tried to move. I was glued down.

I heard faint voices. I couldn't breathe. I struggled to take deep breaths but I just couldn't get enough oxygen into my system.

Black spots started to cloud my vision.
I kept hearing these faint voices calling out to me. No matter how much I tried to listen to them. I couldn't get out of these thoughts. I knew this vision I was having wasn't real but, why does it feel like it?

I couldn't stop the screams that came out of my mouth as the person -a man- came closer to me. I recognized the item in his hand as it being a knife. I prayed for this to be over. I didn't want to see these images anymore.

The black dots In my vision soon took over and I succumbed into the darkness.
______________________________________

Thought I'd put a little excitement into this chapter. (Hehehe)

I really want this book series by Holly Black. I'm not sure what the series is called but the first book is called "The Cruel Prince". It is the first of three books in the series. My friends are obsessed with the series and they've told me so much about it that I really want to read it now. But theres a downside. My parents think it's a waste of money. Even though it's my money, they say, "you'll just read them once, put them away and never read them again." That's not true though!! I have so many books that I've read a gazillion times!!

Ugh. My parents just don't understand my love for books.

Welp. Enough of my dilemma.

Anyways, I'll see y'all in the next chapter.