Chapter 46

I let go of Charles and started at my blood stained hands. They were shaking profusely. I grabbed onto his shoulders and shook him.

"No, no, no. Charles, please!" I screamed. A strong pair of arms grabbed me by my waist and pulled me back with much struggle. "I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry," I repeat over and over as I let Orion pull me away. "This is all my fault," I sobbed. Orion turned me around and grabbed my face gently. Tears were also flowing freely from his eyes.

"Hey listen," he said, looking into my eyes which were probably bloodshot. "This isn't your fault."

"Yes it is," I whispered. "If I would have told you from the start, if I wouldn't have left, this wouldn't have happened and he would still be alive." I continued to apologize over and over as Orion just held me. His tears fell onto me but I couldn't care less. I let the sparks that danced between us comfort me.

After a couple moments of silence, Orion let go of me and stood up. "I need to go back outside and fight. It was heavily guarded," he said sadly, trying his best at hiding his pain but failing.

I stood up as well, "but what about-"

"We'll come back for him," he cut me off. I looked back at Charles' body, more tears escaping my eyes.

"Okay," I whispered and followed Orion out of the building.

I was immediately overwhelmed by the smell of metal and the sight of many wolves fighting. I could tell Orion was about to shift but I grabbed his arm, stopping him. He turned to me, "I want to help." He shook his head.

"No. I can't lose you again."

"Just trust me!" I yelled, shocking him. He didn't say anything for a couple of seconds and just nodded.

"Okay," he hesitated. "Just don't get yourself killed."

"Same goes for you," I nodded and Orion shifted into his wolf, running towards a rogue and attacking it.

I turned to see a rogue running at me. I had no time to react so I put my hands in front of my face as my initial reaction. After nothing happened for a few moments I opened my eyes and they widened as I saw an enormous icicle impailed into the rogues chest, right where the heart would be.

Suddenly, two more wolves were running my way and I felt a strong surge of power. I extended my arms and fire shot out of one and ice out of the other. Either way, it sent both wolves flying until they both hit trees and fell to the ground, dead. I felt a strong sense of pride for myself but that was short lived since more and more rogues came my way.

I extended my arms again and sent small blasts of ice towards each wolf. Within seconds, 7 wolves were on the ground with icicles going through their hearts and out their backs.

What the hell, I thought, staring and my hands.

So all of a sudden I'm this good?

I spent so much time looking at my hands in awe that I didn't realize that yet, another rogue was coming towards me. It rammed into me which sent me flying. To my luck, I was able to land on my feet. I aimed my palm at the rogue and fire escaped from it. It hit the wolf and burnt it to a crisp within a second.

I ran to a wolf that I recognized as Ace. He was struggling trying to fight off a rogue. I shot ice at it, killing it instantly. Ace nodded at me and continued to fight off other rogues.

The rest was a bit of a blur. The number of rogues was depleting quickly, thanks to my sudden ability to use my powers correctly. After about thirty more minutes of fighting, I killed the very last one.