Chapter 36

I watched Orion and Charles fight closely. Maybe I could learn a few things. I needed to know how to defend myself well if whoever was writing notes to me was planning on doing something. I would be very unfortunate if they did something in the state I'm in now. I looked down at my leg and sighed. When something that is so normal is taken away from you, it suddenly becomes something you want to be able to do again with more despiration than when you were able to do it with out thinking. In my case, it's walking. Something that mostly anyone can do. I guess the saying, "you don't really know what you have until you lose it," is true.

"What are you thinking about?" I jumped at the voice that jarred me out of my thoughts. I felt a thin sheet of ice surround the foam handle of the crutches. I took my hands away before they could freeze anymore, luckily keeping my balance. I turned to the source and smiled at Charles. I looked back towards were him and Orion were fighting and realized that Charles had swapped places with Ace. I also noticed that everyone has their own fighting style. It's cool to see everyone's unique way of defending themselves.

Charles chuckled. "Sorry," he laughed. "Didn't mean to startle you."

"Don't sweat it." I waved him off. "I'm just really jumpy."

"I can tell." He laughed and I joined him.

"So what were you thinking about?" He asked.

I simply shrugged. "Just... my heads been clouded up by these thoughts."

"What kind of thoughts?" He pressed.

"It's," I paused and groaned. "I've been thinking about everything that's been going-" he raised his hand and faced his palm toward me, stopping me.

"Let's go inside and talk. We can't risk anyone overhearing anything they shouldn't." I nodded and followed Charles to the pack house. Once we got there, he helped me get upstairs and into Orions office. We sat down in the chairs that were all too familiar. I lent the crutches next to the chair.

"Okay." Charles said calmly. "I want you to spill out all your feelings and thoughts to me."

I sighed and nodded. "Goddess, where do I even begin." I let out a nervous laugh.

"Take your time." Charles let me think, which I was greatful for.

"Well, to start, I have a mate who is thought to be the most cruel alpha on the face of the planet. He tried to reject me and treated me like shit the whole time I've been here. I have someone who wants revenge on me and is sending me creepy notes. I don't even know who this person is and what I even did to them. I was attacked and my leg was torn apart and now I'm stuck with this cast on my leg and I have to carry around these stupid crutches." I let out a shaky breath as I felt tears trying to escape my eyes.

"Now it turns out that this mate I have   didn't want me before but suddenly does now." He just listened. Something that no one has been able to do for me for years besides Riley. Listen. I had forgotten how good it felt to vent out all your thoughts and emotions to someone. I put my face in my hands as I finished letting everything out and Charles waited a couple minutes until he spoke.

"Everrything will turn out fine. You just have to keep holding on."

"And if it doesn't?" I sniffled and looked up to meet his eyes.

"It will." He reassured me. "Don't get me wrong, I'm glad you tried to give him a chance but I'm just curious. Why did you stay after he tried to reject you?" he asked. "Besides the whole 'the pack needs a Luna' thing."

I shrugged and chuckled slightly. "I was naive. I guess I was so certain that he would... you know... fall in love with me."

"So you love him?" He asked.

"Loved." I corrected. "I loved him even before we met. It's kind of hard to love him now that he's hurt me too much." I shrugged.

"Do you think you still have a-"

"A chance of loving him again?" I asked and he nodded. "I don't know honestly. I'm still afraid of forgiveness, let alone love. Maybe I could love him later on but I'm not too focused on it now. I just want the pack to be safe from whoever this person is who's wanting revenge." He nodded and got up from his seat.

"We should probably be heading downstairs again." He said and I nooded in agreement.

"Yeah, I don't want to cry all day." We laughed as I rubbed my eyes free of tears.

*

One week later

I squeezed my eyes shut as I heard the saw make contact with the cast on my leg. My leg shook as the vibration the saw made moved it. It felt like an eternity before the cast was peeling off of my leg. I let out a breathe that I didn't know I was holding when the rest of the material was pealed away.

"There," doctor Jenny said. "You're all done." I wiggled my toes to stretch them since I haven't been able to for a week.

"Is there anything else we should know before we go?" Olivia asked. Orion had told her to accompany me here. I don't know why I constantly have to have someone babysitting me.

"Yes actually," she replied. "Take it easy the next day or two. Don't do anything that might strain your leg such as running or jumping. I would avoid shifting as well." I nodded as I took the information in.

"Anything else?" I asked as I got up from the examination table. It felt great to finally be able to walk properly again.

"That's all." Said doctor Jenny. "I just want to check on it in two days to see if it's doing fine."

"Okay." I shrug. "Thanks." I hear her soft hum as open the door to the room and walked out. Olivia followed and closed the door behind herself. I slipped my hands into the pockets of the hoodie I was wearing and continued walking.

"How does it feel?" She asked as she caught up to me.

I shrugged. "Just like it did before. There's not really a difference."

*

"Look who's out and thriving." I smiled at Charles as he strode over to me. I had just gotten back from doctor Jenny's office.

"I wouldn't say I'm thriving but I'm alive." I chuckled.

"Well it's good to see you back up on your feet." He smiled at me.

"It certainly feels good too." I said and rolled into my heels and back as I looked down at my legs for a second.

"It's incredible how fast we can heal." He said and I nodded in agreement.

"Yep," I popped the 'p'. "My leg was torn to pieces, bone and everything a week ago."

"I have to go and attend to some things but I'll talk with you some other time." He said.

"Alright. I'll see you around." We smiled at eachother before he left.

I decided to go up to my room and take a shower. I was finally able to go up the stairs without a struggle. I endered my room and something caught my eye. There was another note on the mirror.

East border. 2 am tomorrow. Not any earlier or later. Be there and don't say a word or else your pack along with your mates pack goes down. I'll be waiting.

-A
______________________________________

Merry Christmas!!!!

I love you guys and I hope you've been safe and will continue to be safe throughout the holidays!

I'm sorry for the late update. I have this 'friend' that has been treating me badly and saying rude things to my face for a while. I've been bottling them up until the last day of school before break which was friday. She said something that just overflowed the already full cup inside of me. I ended up crying my eyes out to my actual friend in my 5th hour. I hope that my fake friend saw because she sits right next to me in that class and my crying was pretty obvious.

Anyway, I'm fine now and finally realized that I shouldn't have waited until she brought me over the edge to realize she wasn't a real friend.

Anyways I'll see y'all in the next chapter.