Chapter 31

As we were making our way back inside, I saw Orion making his way towards Ace and I. I rolled my eyes and kept walking, trying to ignore him.

"Rayna?" He spoke but I kept ignoring him. He kept chanting my name over and over and it was starting to irritate me. He was following me all the way back to the pack house.

"Rayn-"

"What!" I snapped and turned around to meet him right as I reached for the door knob. What I found weird is that he didn't growl at me.

"You did good today." He said which made me raise an eyebrow.

"Not buying it." I told him and turned around again, reaching for the knob again.

"No, really, you did good." I stopped in the middle of turning the door knob but didn't turn back around.

"Look," I started. "I don't know what you're trying to get at right now but drop it. Whatever game this is that you're trying to play, it's not funny. Just leave me alone for once." I finished. Tears were pricking my eyes but I was so desperate for them to not fall. I hated feeling like this. Weak. I hated it when people played with my feelings. I hated not knowing what my own feelings were.

"I'm not playing around. Just trust me. I'm being real, you did good today."

"Thanks." I mumbled before opening the door and entering the pack house. I shut the door behind me.

I ran up to my room, recieving curious glances in the process. I slammed the door behind me and ran over to my bed a d threw myself on it. I let out a grunt upon contact with the sheets.

I wanted to let all my anger, pain and suffering out. I groaned really loud, almost screaming. I wanted someone to rant all my problems to. I used to tell Riley everything and now I have no one to rant to.

I stood up abruptly as an idea popped up in my head. I went over to my suitcase and rummaged through it until I found the black IPhone my father had gotten me for my birthday. I never used it though since I was always busy doing other things. I unlocked the phone and went to my contacts. I looked for Rileys name and tapped the call option next to her name. It started to ring.

"Please pick up, please pick up." I begged silently. I rang a couple times before I heard my sisters voice on the other side of the line. She didn't seem too pleasent.

"One and a half months! One and a half months go by without you calling us and letting us know how you are!" I had to pull the phone from my ear to avoid becoming deaf.

"Okay! I'm sorry. I was busy." I lied while laughing.

"I'm just joking with you. Well, sorta." She laughed. "How's it been?" My smile faded and tears came to my eyes as she said that.

"Not good." My voice cracked. "Riley, it's been terible." I went on to tell her everything that has happened since I've been here. She let me rant and just listened. I purposefully left out the whole dungeon part and how I have been receiving notes. I didn't want her to tell my father. There's no telling what he would do.

"I'm so sorry. Just-" I heard her sigh from the other end. "Just stay strong and don't let him get to you. I'm sure Beta Charles and Gamma Ace will accompany you."

"They've been a huge help," I pause, a small smile lingering on my lips. "And also kind of Orions sister."

"His sister?" She questions.

I sighed and shrugged, wiping the wet beads from my eyes. "Yeah. I'm not gonna lie. Shes been trying to help but I'm being kinda stouburn." I heard a laugh from the other side if the line.

"When are you not stouburn?" She asked sarcastically. My lingering smile widened ever so slightly. Talking to her was what I needed right now.

"I'm never stouburn." I defended myself and I heard her snort.

"Are you kidding!?" She yells. "You are so stouburn. Remember when we were little, I ate your sandwich and you refused to eat because you were so mad?" My smile faded as I got flashbacks to when I was locked up. A shiver ran down my spine.

"Yeah." I forced a small chuckle.

"Are you okay?" The small smile came back. Riley always knew when my mood changed. It was just something I was never able to hide from her.

"I'm fine. Goddess, stop worrying so much." I lied. It was no use though.

"Stop lying." She said sternly.

"I-"

"Don't even try, Rayna. I can see right through you and you know it. I've always been able to." She stated proudly.

"Sometimes I wish you couldn't." I mumbled as I twirled a strand if my hair around my finger -something I did when I was nervous-.

"It's nothing." She sighed heavily. It sounded like when you breathe into a microphone.

"Fine." I was honestly surprised she let me off so easily.

"Don't think you're off the hook." She said as if she read my mind. I should have known. "You're obviously not telling me something and now I'm determined to figure it out."

I glanced towards the mirror and saw yet another small piece of paper taped onto it. My heart rate sped up as well as my breathing.

"I have to go." I told Riley.

"Wh-"

"Not now. Tell dad I love him and I'll speak to him soon."

She sighed. "Okay. Bye, I love you."

"I love you too." I told her before I hung up and set the phone down on the bed.

I stumbled up to the mirror and ripped the small piece of paper off the reflective surface. There was only one word on it.

Soon.

______________________________________

Welp... that's very nice. The notes don't seem to have an end.

Who do y'all think is the one sending the notes? Comment who you think it is.

I have a Christmas parade tomorrow and I'm going to be marching in it.

I have an idea for what the next update will be but I'm still contemplating what it should be. I have a couple ideas and I think they'll be pretty cool. (For me at least.)

Anyways I'll see y'all in the next chapter.