Chapter 9

Edited

My dad and Riley went up to me and I embraced then both in a hug. We pulled away and I saw a tear fall from Riley's eye.

"Don't cry Riley. You'll only make me cry," I sniffled and let tears escape my eyes freely. I hugged her once again but for a little longer before pulling away. I gave a curt nod to my dad.

"Tell me if he upsets you, I'll beat him to death, bring him back to life, and beat him to death all over again," He said with a chuckle. I let out a small chuckle as well. I gave my father a hug.

"I love you dad. I love you too Riley," I told them after pulling away from my dad.

"I love you too," They said in unison.

Ready? I asked Isla.

Of course I am! She replied. I could feel her running around while she wagged her tail.

I turned around to look at Charles who was waiting patiently for me to finish my goodbyes.

"You ready?" He asked as he picked up my suitcase.

"Yeah, I'm ready now. Thank you for waiting so patiently," I thanked him. Charles nodded. I picked up my backpack and turned to meet my family.

"I'll be back soon. I don't know how long it'll be but I'll be back to visit soon," I told my father and Riley. My father just nodded but Riley seemed to be taking this worst than my dad is.

"Promise?" She brought out her fist and stuck out her pinky finger. I linked my pinky around hers.

"I promise." We both gave eachother a grin. We let go of each others pinkies. I never break my promises to my sister. I certainly don't have any plans of breaking this one.

"Bye!" I wave to my family before turning around and following Charles out the door.

He lead me to a black SUV. He opened the trunk and put my suitcase in it. I put my backpack in there too. He closed it and went over to the passenger door and opened it.

"Go ahead," He said.

"Thank you," I replied. He nodded before closing the door and making  his way over to the driver's side. He turned on the ignition and started driving. I looked out the window and found Riley and my dad along with a few pack members waving in my direction. I waved back at them.

Charles is being very quiet. Why do you think? I asked Isla.

Not sure? She replied. I shut the link off and focused my gaze on things passing by the window as Charles drove.

After a while, I decided to ask Charles what was going on.

"Why are you being so quiet? You're not acting how you did when we first met," I pointed out.

"It's nothing." He shrugged but I didn't buy it. I knew something was bugging him and me being the nosey person I am, I decided to press about it.

"I don't believe you," I stated. "Why don't you want to tell me?"

He sighed, "Because I don't want you to hate him any more than you probably already do." I knew exactly who him was.

I shook my head, "I don't hate him. I think there could still be hope for us. If he'd let me speak to him. But I can already tell he's a stubborn one." I let out a nervous laugh.

*

Charles POV

I sighed again. I really didn't want to tell her. I felt as if she would be let down by what I'm about to tell her. I don't want her to change her mind about moving into our pack.

"If I tell you, promise me you won't let this change your mind about staying with us."

"I promise," She said which made me smile.

"Okay, so this morning..."

Flashback

I was in my room, getting ready to pick up Rayna from her pack and bring her here. I was putting on my shoes when someone burst through my door. It was Orion.

"You're not bringing her here," He said in a panicked tone.

"What makes you think I'm not bringing her here." I put my hands on my waist like a dramatic teenager would.

"I don't want you to bring her. She's too dangerous." That made me mad. He talked of her as if she was a monster. I knew she wasn't but he could talk the whole pack into thinking she is one and everyone will hate her. No one will accept her once they find out she is the future Luna of this pack.

I went up to him, face to face and pressed my finger against his chest. "You don't know her at all." I proceeded by starting to poke my finger into his chest. "I know her more than you do and she isnt even my mate. She is your mate." I was so mad, that smoke must have been coming out of my ears. How dare he talk of his own mate like that.

"That thing could never be the perfect Luna and mate for me. I would never want someone who can't control themselves as my Luna or mate," He seethed.

"I cant believe you Orion! I thought you were a cold and merciless alpha but you're worst than that. I never thought you would stoop so low as to call your mate things like that! She is not the monster you say she is! You are." I was still face to face with him, waving my arms around. He was shocked to hear me say those things, mad even. I didn't mind as those were things that needed to be said. Orion needed to be brought back into reality.

"If you weren't my best friend, Charles, your head would be clean off your body by now."

"You can kill me if you want. I don't care but I am still bringing her here whether you like it or not. She is my future Luna and I will treat her like one," I said.

"Now if you'll excuse me, I have to pick someone up that is waiting for me, Alpha." I emphasized the word 'alpha'.

End of flashback

I'm not going to lie, Rayna looked heartbroken. She looked as if her eyes were a cracked dam, waiting to burst.

"You alright? I know it's hard and I'm sorry for his behavior." Even though she said it, I still didnt believe her.

"I'm fine."
______________________________________

Woooo...  I kind of hate Orion but I mean, who wouldn't right?

I just realized I wrote him like that.
Oops...

I had loads of time on the way home from school today to start this chapter on the bus ride home because, ya girl can't drive and shes the last stop! But hey, that's better for you.

I have practice tomorrow and I stay after school and wait for practice to start. Practice doesn't start until about an hour after school ends so maybe I'll be able to start another chapter. Who knows right?

Fun fact (unrelated to this book or me as a writer):

M&M stands for Mars and Murrie's which are the last names of the founders of M&M.

(Told you. Completely unrelated I know.)

Anyways I'll see y'all in the next chapter.