Chapter 38

3rd person POV

Orion had kept an eye on the girl, knowing that she would defy his wishes and go anyway. He watched as she exited her window and climbed down the tree. She held onto her previously injured leg and hissed as she jumped off.

He observed her as she turned around said something that was incoherent to him. She then turned around and started walking. Orion got out of one of the bushes that lined the pack house. He followed behind her, staying back a couple hundred feet.

They stayed like this for hours. It made it easy for Orion since Rayna never looked back. She kept walking in a straight line as if she was a robot, programmed to do so.

A million thoughts swarmed Rayna's head. What would happen when I get there? She thought. What do they want with me? What she wanted answers to most was, who is this person? She would get answers sooner than she knew it though.

Orion wasn't very far off as thoughts -more like concerns- were etched into his head. He had decided not to put up extra security at the border. He knew she would find a way past them.

They walked for hours until they finally reached the east border of the pack. Orion hid in another bush as Rayna waited.

Rayna's POV

I waited for what seemed like a dreadful eternity. If I'm being completely honest, I was terrified. There was no safe way to go about this. My heart felt as if it was going to come out of my chest. I paced around and tried to keep calm, rubbing my sweaty palms on my shirt. I hugged my body with one hand and picked at my lip with the other.

"I didn't think you'd come," I jumped and stopped in my tracks. And when I say jumped, I jumped; hard. "Saves me a lot of work." I turned a full 360 degrees but found nothing. It was pitch black and I could only see a few meters in front of me. The male voice sounded familiar but I just could not decipher it.

"W-what makes you think I wouldn't?" I mentally slapped myself for stuttering. "I wouldn't let you hurt innocent people."

"I know," He said knowingly. "But theres always that 'what if'." I could practically hear the smirk that was most definitely plastered onto his face.

Someone came out from in front of me and into my line of sight. My eyes widened and my mouth fell open in shock. This wasn't possible.

Alec.

"How did you-"

"-escape?" He finished for me, adding a chuckle. "It was pretty easy actually." He made his way towards me. I tensed up as he started pacing around me in circles. "They have shit security."

"Cut the shit." I snapped and he stopped when he was directly in front of me. He arched one of his eyebrows at me. He was amused.

"I'm the one giving orders here." He smirked. "And I suggest you follow them." I decided to ignore his comment.

"Why did you ask to meet," it wasn't really a question. I needed answers.

"Did you not read any of the notes I left you? Revenge." He said in a 'duh' tone.

"Why?" I furrowed my eyebrows. "I haven't done anything to you."

"You haven't. I've hated you simply because of who you are," he chuckled. "And once I found out who your mate was," he put his face so it was millimeters away from mine. "That just fueled my anger even more." He whispered menacingly, making me gulp.

"What about him?" He didn't respond for a couple of seconds. He just stared at me in the eyes. I kept eye contact, refusing to be the one to tear my gaze away first. He seemed to have snapped out of whatever trance he was in and backed his face away. I took a step back, not liking how close we were.