Chapter 10

Edited
Rayna's POV

"I'm fine." I told Charles. I really wasn't fine. Orion really did hate me didn't he? I was also shocked at all the things he had the nerve to say. That makes me even more afraid of what he'll do once he sees me. It made me even more scared to face him. A stray tear made it's way down my cheek. I tried to hide it but I knew Charles would see right through me. Turns out I was right.

"I can tell you're not fine," He pointed out. I wiped the tear away and gave a nervous laugh.

"Look at you, you only know me for about 3 days and you can already see right through me."

"I'm good at reading people," He said. "I used to be abl- wait a minute." He glared and pointed at me. He glanced at the road every second or so. "Don't change the subject on me, Rayna."

I sighed as my plans to stop talking about the situation didn't work. "You should get some sleep, Rayna. I doubt you had enough sleep and it's going to be a little longer until we get there," He said.

I didn't want to sleep. If I slept, the ride would feel shorter than if I stayed awake.

I shook my head, "I don't feel like sleeping."

"Alright then."

*

About 1 hour later, we arrived at the pack house of Orion's pack. It felt like an eternity being in the car, waiting for the dreaded time when we were to arrive.

I got out of the car and stretched my tired limbs. I closed the door of the car and faced the pack house. It was huge, bigger than the pack house back at home.

"Follow me," Charles instructed. He walked up to the door of the house and I followed suit. He opened the door of the house. As we stepped inside, I was hit with the loudness of every pack member. My hearing was more sensitive than usual. I had to cover my ears to keep them from hurting.

"You alright?" Charles asked. I nodded.

"Yeah, my hearing is more sensitive today. I'm not sure why," I explained. He just nodded.

I then saw someone coming down the steps out of the corner of my eye. My blood ran cold and my body grew stiff. The hair on the back of my neck stood straight. I knew who it was.

Him.

I heard a growl escape from his lips. I had completely forgotten about the pain in my ears from the loudness.

"What are you doing here."

Soon, everyone's conversations came to a close and eyes focused on me and my mate.

"I told you not to bring her here Charles," He said with a menacing tone.

Charles stepped in front of me. He crossed his arms over his chest. "And I did anyway. I didn't listen. What's your point?" People were taken aback by their beta's tone of voice towards their alpha.

Orion gave another life threatening growl. "Both of you." He pointed at both Charles and I. "Office. Now." He ordered. Anyone stupid enough to do so would continue to argue. But I didn't. Im stupid but not that stupid. I followed behind Charles who started walking up the stairs.

He entered a room -obviously Orion's office- and I closed the door behind us. I looked around only to be met with a very simple room. There was a wooden desk in the center with a big, luxurious, leather chair standing behind it. Behind the desk and chair were 3 wooden bookshelves, filled to the brim with books. The walls were an off white. On the desk stood a picture frame along with big stacks of papers that seemed to be important. I couldn't see what the frame had in it because it was facing the other way. In front of the desk sat two, also wooden chairs.

Charles sat in one of the chairs and I sat in the other. We waited patiently for about five minutes for Orion to come and lecture us.

The sound of the jiggling doorknob made my blood run cold once again. I was gripping onto the side of the chair so hard, that I felt a thin ice layer form where my hands where. I yanked my hands away quickly.

Orion finally came through the door and his eyes immediately settled on the ice that was now surrounding parts of his chair. I was expecting him to yell at me, hit me even, but he didn't. He just shook his head and made his way over the the luxurious chair sitting behind his desk.

"You." He pointed at Charles. "You have disrespected me enough. I am sick of you disrespecting me in front of my pack members."

Charles opened his mouth to say something but I interrupted him. "It's not his fault!" I blurted. Orion and Charles both snapped their heads in ny direction. "I insisted on coming here in the first place." Orion sighed and ran his hand through his dark hair. I had the urge to run my fingers through it myself but I obviously didn't.

"Charles. Leave us for a moment." My body went stiff. I didn't want to be left alone with him. I gave Charles a pleading look. I could tell he hesitated a little before Orion cut in again.

"That's an order. Be smart and don't disobey me."

"I'm sorry," Charles apologized and walked out the door, closing it behind himself. My mate waited until we heard retreating footsteps to continue.

"I thought you'd get the picture by now. I thought I tol-" he started but I cut him off.

"Orion, listen to me, Please," I begged him. He lent back in his chair.

"I'm listening."

"I want to know. I want to know why you don't want me. I want to know why I'm not good enough for you. Why Orion? What have I done wrong? Whatever I did, I can make it better. Just please tell m-" Orion cut me off. I hated how desperate I sounded but I needed answers.

"You didn't do anything wrong," He said.

"Then?" I asked

"I simply don't want you as my mate."
______________________________________

Ouch...

Next chapter, Rayna will get answers. Are they the real answers? No. Are they the ones she wants? Once again. No.

The real, dark, and scary side of Orion will be revealed soon.

I want to have a Q&A with y'all. Comment some questions and I will make a separate part for just Q&As

Anyways I'll see y'all in the next chapter.