Chapter 42

Trigger Warning ⚠️⚠️
Mentions of Suicide and Suicide Attempt.

My eyes fluttered open. I didn't move and just looked around. I was still on the mattress, just in a different position than the one I was left in.

I suddenly got the urge to pee I got up and hissed as I felt pain in my limbs, they were sore. I made my way to the small bathroom that was attached to the room. I walked past the mirror and something caught my eye. I furrowed my eyebrows and backtracked. Realization crossed my face. There was a huge bruise in the shape of hand marks around my neck. It was purple in most parts, in others, it was almost black. I reached up to touch it and hissed, quickly removing my hand.

What did you think was going to happen dumb shit? Isla said.

I rolled my eyes but couldn't help but feel happy that she was finally talking again. She always seems to shut me out when we both get hurt. It happened when my mom died, the dungeon, my last suicide attempt.

It's true, I tried committing suicide once. It was all too much for me at the time. I was fourteen when it happened. I was being bullied at school, I still couldn't get over my mom.

I remember it so vividly and after all these years, I still can't get the images out of my mind.

Flashback skip this section if you're sensitive when hearing about suicide.

Papers flew everywhere while everyone laughed. I dropped down to the floor and started gathering my papers that someone had purposefully made me drop.

Tears streamed down my face as people called me the worst names.

"Bitch."

"Ugly."

"Mistake."

"Loser."

Every derogatory word tore a piece of what remained of my heart.

You'd think that after so long of having to go through this, I'd be used to it.

But you don't ever get used to feeling pain.

I finished gathering all of my papers and shoved them in my binder. I started making my way to my class, feeling relieved that the crowd of laughing people dispersed.

I bowed my head, pressing my binder to my chest. My hair fell in waves and covered the sides of my face.

I finally made it to my class; biology. As I walked in, I could feel the many stares that I was recieving. Never did I even dare to look in the direction of those stares though.

I sat down in my assigned seat and looked through my binder in search for my notes from the previous day. It took a while as it was a jumbled mess.

I finally found them and I slid my hands across the paper that was sitting on the table to get the wrinkles out of it as it was all crinkled.

"Rayna!" I jumped and fire emerged from my fingertips, catching my notes on fire. The ashes flew into the air and I hit the paper against the table to hopefully stop it from burning. But it was too late. People were already laughing and my notes were ruined. I looked in the direction of the teacher.