Chapter 11

"I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion." Jack Kerouac

Tiana's P.O.V

I stood there in stunned silence staring at Ryder holding my gun in his hand.

"What the fuck were you thinking?!" He yelled quietly, expecting me to answer him.

I felt paralyzed as if every action I desired to perform was shut down and prevented. I had no time to think before a concerned knock came from my door.

"Is everything alright in there?" Amanda shouted. "We heard a gunshot, are you alright?"

I turned to where Ryder was standing but he left as fast as he came.

I cleared my throat to muster "yeah I'm alright. That noise must have come from somewhere else." Although my worst acting performance, she was convinced and tired enough to take this as truth and left me alone once more.

Once I began to process my emotions, I feel the anger and confusion bubbling up inside me. How dare he do that! Why would he save me? He doesn't care about me,...right? Ryder didn't care when he was beating me so why now? Ugh, I wish he could have just let me die!

A ping from my phone tears me away from my thoughts. I look down to see a text from an unknown number.

Unknown number: WTF were you thinking?! The only person who can hurt you is ME! Do NOT make the same mistake again.

I am not his to control. He can't tell me what to do!

Then I remembered that there are still some bullets in my gun. This outta show him who is in control here.

I search every inch of my room attempting to jog my memory as to where I saw it last. Then it hit me, "Ugh, Ryder," I scowled.

I still had the urge to do something so I scoured my shower for a razor and separated the blade.

Ryder P.O.V (flashback)

The sun was beating down on my skin, the summer breeze rustling my hair. I walk into school, entering my first day of sophomore year.

I smile and nod at my fellow pack members. I am to shift for the first time soon and everyone is excited.

I'm beginning to feel my senses heighten as the day comes closer and closer. Soon, I am to find my mate, my love, my future. I continue to repress this excitement to control what others see. I don't want to seem like a giddy school girl, even though on the inside I totally am.

I stroll into my first class of the day and head straight for the seat next to one of my best friends,

Dowling. I grab his hand and give him a quick hug.

"Hey man, how's it hanging?" he asked.

"Eh. How good could I be if I'm here?" I slyly respond.

"True."

Suddenly, I smell the most delightful scent. I inhaled once more to identify the source. It was almost floral like roses and sweet like peaches. Then I saw her.

"MATE!" a voice that sounded different than my own yelled in my head. I assumed it was my wolf finally revealing himself to me. "Mate...I smell our mate."

Barely able to keep from grinning ear-to-ear, I watch her as she takes a seat in front of me. It took every ounce of my willpower not to grab her, drag her into a closet, and claim her as mine. I must be patient. First impressions are everything

I get home from school, nearly skipping my way there. I start humming random, joyful notes as I walk into the kitchen to grab an apple.

"You're in a good mood," my mom notices.

I excitedly whisper, "I found my mate mom. It's Tiana,"

My mother's face drops. "Don't you get involved with that girl she isn't good enough for you, my handsome son," She says sweetly, holding my face between her cold hands.

I look at her, confused by her statement. "What do you mean, mom? she's my mate!"

"No! You're senses fool you. You haven't even shifted yet, there's no way you could know. I promise you, my child, staying away from her and her family is what's best for you,"

"But mom!"

"No 'but's darling. Trust me. I'm you're mother and I know what's best for you. Promise me you will avoid this girl!" She squeezes my face a little to get her point across.

"Yes, mom,"

(present)

My alarm rings in my ears as it wakes me for another day. I look in the mirror and perfect my appearance, shuffling my hair, brushing the plaque off my teeth so I can flash my shining smile, among other parts of my morning routine. Of course, by the time I'm finished, I'm nearly late for school.

I practically flew down the stairs with my backpack in hand. "Bye, mom!" I shout.

"Wait!" She runs up to me with a bottle in hand. "Don't forget you're protein shake,"

"Thanks mom, I'd be a mess without you,"

She smiled at me and waved goodbye.

A/N:

Hello all! I want to thank everyone who has continued to support me even while I've been away. You guys are a big reason that I desire to continue this book. I'm not going to be making any more promises so I can't break them. I apologize for my absence; my life has been hectic and I started college last year. It's so weird to think I started writing the first book when I was a freshman in high school, yet while writing this I felt transported to that time once again.

Lucky for all of you, I wrote down an outline of how I want this book to go so my original intentions for this story along with its ending will be the same if I have the time to finish it of course. I hope to accomplish this goal. I also plan on attempting to write a different book that I hope to publish eventually. I will keep you all updated on this if that's what y'all wish.

I hope you enjoyed the chapter and have a terrific Tuesday!

Did Ryder ever love Tiana?

If so, what happened?

What will become of them now that he's saved her?

Ryder: Ugh, it's you again

Rachel: Excuse me?

Ryder: Do you think you can come back after two years as if nothing happened?

Rachel: Do you think you can beat your mate without consequences?

Ryder: I'm a werewolf, you're a human. Come on, fight me. I dare you!

Conlan: I wouldn't do that if I were you...

Rachel: Let's see here...shall Ryder die by slipping and falling off a cliff....or shall he drown as he realizes I didn't give him the ability to swim.

Ryder:....ummm

Rachel: I made you and I can destroy you just as easily.

Ryder: You're not a God.

Rachel: You're right. I'm an author which makes me a ruler of my writing. I'm your f**king queen, bow down to me b**ch.

Ryder: *whimpers*

Vote

Comment

Follow