Chapter 20

"I hope the leaving is joyful; and I hope never to return." Frida Kahlo

Tiana's P.O.V

The sun shining through the curtains startle me awake. I've been scared of everything lately. I sluggishly drag myself off the couch and look around the room. No Ryder, thank the Moon Goddess.

I spot Persephone cleaning up the house and thank her for hosting. My body slowly goes up to my room, ready to get some more shut eye, when something caught my eye.

The globes sitting on top of my bookshelf are coated in dust. I grab a towel from the bathroom and start cleaning. I sigh, remembering each and every moment I received all of these. I used to dream about traveling the world. As I clean my Eiffel Tower snow globe, an idea began to form in my mind. I decide to talk to my mother before I do anything drastic.

"Hey Mom, can I ask you for some advice?" I wonder, walking into her bedroom knowing dad is working.

"Always! What's up sweetie?" she pats the space on the be next to her, beckoning me. I slide my butt onto the bed, crossing my legs and facing her.

"I'm just kind of...," I paused, trying to figure out how to word it without causing worry, "stuck...I guess," I shrug, not making eye contact.

"Well...I know a thing or two about that. My advice...I would say if you feel stuck, do what you can to change whatever it is that's causing this feeling. Maybe even discarding it from your life, if that's possible," she lightly chuckled, "...and always remember to breathe," she added with a playful wink.

"Thanks, Mom. That's exactly what I needed to hear."

"Good, honey. I'm glad I could help," she said before going back to her iPad and reading Wattpad stories.

Ryder's P.O.V

(fast forward to graduation day)

The gymnasium was buzzing with chatter and excitement. There's a sea of blue robes and caps. The teachers threatened to not give us our diplomas if we throw our caps at the end of the ceremony, but no one is going to listen to them.

"We're getting out of this h*llhole, you can't control us no one!" Calix yells at an administrator.

"Anymore," he responded before rolling his eyes and walking away.

"Viva la resistance! I know Spanish, what do you know?" Calix shouts to the teachers back.

"That's not Spanish, man. I'd just stop talking," I suggested.

His head hung low, but he didn't have much time to sulk because everyone was beginning to file into the auditorium.

Everyone is spacing out, ignoring every speaker, waiting to get this over with. Finally, it's my turn. As they call my name I smile down at my friends and family and walk across the stage. Grabbing the empty envelope in one hand and shaking hands with people I've never met before with the other. I sit down in my assigned seat afterwards and shout out when my best friends names are called.

I'm preparing to "boo" when Tiana walks on stage, convincing some pack members to join me.

"Tiana Richardson!" the speaker announced. We waited...and waited some more. "Tiana Richardson?" he asks a bit louder. I turn to where her family is sitting and the looks on their faces tell me they don't know what's happening either. Where is she?

A/N:

Oooh the suspense! It's all been leading up to this climactic moment. Get ready for more and I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday!

Where is Tiana?

How is Ryder going to react?

Is Tiana ok?

Ryder: *uses werewolf tone* what did you do to her?

Rachel: You don't scare me

Ryder: I swear to the Moon Goddess if you kill her...

Rachel: I thought you didn't care about her?

Ryder: ...I don't

Rachel: Sure...you big softie