Chapter 27

"A weapon does not decide whether or not to kill. A weapon is a manifestation of a decision that has already been made." Steven Galloway

Tiana's Pov

I anxiously look at the window in my room, wishing Ryder's mom would get the hint and leave. She's been talking my ear off for a few minutes going on about her perfect son and how he could do no wrong. I want to barf all over her expensive-looking shoes.

"Even as a baby, he was absolutely perfect. His sleeping was consistent and he rarely cried. At least that's what the nanny would tell me," she shrugged. As she was babbling on about Ryder, I noticed she was preparing us some drinks. That's right the legal drinking age is 18 out of the US. Pauway hands me a glass of red wine and I graciously accept. She smiles at me, sipping her drink and silent for the first time since she arrived. "Cheers, " she clashed her glass against mine, creating a clinking noise and I raise my glass to my lips.

Suddenly, the door flies open and Ryder runs into my room, panting and rushing towards me. He slaps my drink out of my hands and it shatters on the ground, spilling red everywhere. That's gonna stain. Also, what the f*ck is going on? Ryder leaps in front of me, putting his arms out to protect me.

"Darling, what are you doing ?" Pauway wonders, looking as confused as I do.

"Don't act innocent mother, I know what's going on!" Ryder growls in a threatening stance.

"I have no idea what you're referring to. Are you feeling ok?" she moves to place her hand on his forehead, but he slaps it away from his face. Why is he being so mean to her?

"I know everything. The Moon Goddess told me in a dream."

"You just had a bad dream Sweetie. I'm your mother, you have to trust me, " she smiles warmly his way.

"I know about the protein shakes," he states. Her face falls for a split second.

What protein shakes? What is he talking about?

I peak out to the side of Ryder, attempting to politely interrupt, "Excuse me, what the f*ck is going on here?" I ask calmly, hoping my forced tone comes off as cool and collected.

"My mother is trying to kill you, " Ryder states matter-of-factly while pushing me behind him again. Oh, that's all? What the actual f*ck?

"Ugh, why must you ruin everything?" Payway yells at him. Her face is red and her snarl looks dangerous.

"Not gonna fight the truth anymore?" he asks. I can't see his face, but I know he's smirking.

"Waste of time, " she snaps. "Now get out of my way before you get hurt."

He laughs in her face, "I'm not going anywhere, mother!"

"What happened to you? You're defending a weak human! She's not worth it. I'm tired of this foreplay, move so I can finish my mission," she growls, determination in her eyes shooting hateful glares my way.

"I love her, mother. No matter what potion you poison me with, at the end of the day you can never change my heart's desires. I'm done being your puppet mother. From now on, it's her over you every time, " he confidently states. She rolls her eyes, kneeling to pick up the broken wine glass and points it at Ryder.

"Such a disappointment," she shakes her head, cackling a little. "I brought you into this world and now I think it's time you leave it."

A/N:

AHH the suspense! I hope you're at the edge of your seat. Also, there are only about 5 chapters left of this book. I will do more of a farewell in the last chapter but please let me know your thoughts about the story! I'm always trying to improve. I'm sorry I haven't uploaded in a hot second and I hope to improve this bad habit. Goodbye fellow readers and have a terrific Tuesday!

Who will win this fight?

Will evil prevail?

Who is going to die?

Ryder: I have a bone to pick with you

Rachel: Ugh, what now?

Ryder: You really trying to make me fight you, huh?

Rachel: Excuse me?

Ryder: You wrote a fight scene between my mother and me? You're making me fight my mother

Rachel: Not my fault she's a bad person

Ryder: It is though! You made her bad!

Rachel: Yeah ... like I said before, don't f*ck with me

Vote

Comment

Follow